A glut of Kribs - what to do?

pbmax

I haven't posted a FS ad on here yet as I don't think it'll help me accomplish my goal - wholesale relocation of my pelvicachromis pulcher fry population.

Does anyone know of a store or (reputable) person that would be willing to take probably 30 - 40 pelvicachromis pulcher fry off my hands? They're all very healthy, active, and growing fast, but the tank is SLAMMED. They range from about 1" up to 2" or so. The fecundity of the parents got away from me... they're separated now so no more babies, but the major fish stores around me don't want them (The Pet Works in Oly completely blew me off after showing initial interest, which is pretty lame; Aquarium Paradise will take them, but not when they have a tank full of kribs to begin with (as it has been of late)).

Thanks for reading.

pbmax

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I have six different science teachers at my work... 4 of them have tanks, I can ask them if they are interested as I know they take care of their fish, but I'm guessing they already have their fish.

Locally, fish emporium in puyallup takes a lot of fish

Anthraxx

petco in tacoma should take them. i know i know its a petco, but the store manager Josh, has been my go to guy down here in the south for years. he knows and loves pets and wont settle for anything under par. its the one on 6th ave right off highway 16. i know they wont give you anything for them but they might take a bunch off your hands, beautiful thing is they only sell them for donations so it just goes to supporting local animal shelters. GL w/ your issue but theyve been my saving grace for a few years now.

pbmax

Thanks for the quick replies! Both (fish emporium and tacoma petco) sound good and neither are terribly far from me either.

Chiisai

If need be I would be willing to take some off your hands. I have a 55gal setup that I only have a single Koi in just to keep the tank going, and to fatten him up.

pbmax

Yesterday I dropped my 17 largest p. pulcher off at Fish Emporium and had a look around. They're friendly folks with a lot of variety and great-looking fish; it's cool to see active breeding at a fish store too.

Thanks again, lloyd378!

lymitliss

I probably woulda taken all of them but I'm up in Seattle. Let me know if you want to get rid of any more soon.

pbmax

I will have more in the next few months... though I'd like them to go somewhere they'll have some chance at not ending up as feeders, ideally. :)

The ones I still have are an inch to an inch and a half, maybe slightly bigger.