A few shots of my Tropheus :)

Madness

Staff member
Very nice, they may be African but I like that more CICHLID owners are starting to post. :D Keep it up.

hyp3rcrav3

The thing about Africans is they diversified and evolved only in the last 10,000 years or so. That is why there is the crossbreeding problem. That is what makes them interesting. (That and one doesn't need 150 gallons for one pair!)

I actually met some Central American cichlids up close and personal in a Mexican cenote back in 1986. I couldn't identify them.

Paintguy

Great looking groups. I always think they have a smug look on their face.

This is one group that is on my list to get sometime in my life, but it is a big commitment to have a large tank for one species that must be a fairly large numbers to keep the aggression down. I found a fix to hold me over though. Hypsophrys Nicaraguenis. They are also known as "the poor mans troph". I got one from Kev over a year ago and he is doing great living in a community/american cichlid tank.

finray56

Thanks for the comments. I think Tropheus are only hard when you first start keeping them, once you get used to their requirements and needs they are fairly easy to keep. The two biggest learning curves being diet and CLEAN WATER after you get that routine down they are easy :)
I almost always have fry available for those that are interested in starting a colony !