A couple new cats for my Saulosi tank

stierwalt3

I got these from Bobby's Water World! He said their a Angelicus/Eupterus hybrid! I can't seem to find any info about them...anyone have a clue!?

It's not the greatest pic but here you go!

Addictedtofish

The way I got info off of them was just do a search for each type, angelicus and the eruptus, which is the featherfin catfish. The two types both come from the african river systems, so PH up to 7.8 is what they say, but they would work fine in a rift lake setup.

stierwalt3

Thanks Addicted...yeah that's pretty much what I came up with as well. I'm hoping maybe someone has actually had them or at least heard of them before!? :lol:

Salzabar

Now THAT is a good looking cat. Excellent lines and very healthy looking. I wish Bobby's site had actual pictures of whats in stock other than discus.

Addictedtofish

Bobby is a very busy person with his business, there is no way he would have the time to list pictures and a stock list when he gets new fish in 2 to 3 times a week. Its not that hard to either call him for whats in stock or check on the forum here when sandnuka puts up a stock list, then google if you dont have an idea what the fish is. It would be like asking a pet store to take pictures and listing for there website, I havent seen a pet store besides petco and petsmart that does that. To me thats asking alot from a person thats offering such low prices. I guess people are never happy. :cry:

sandnuka

well although that sounded kinda harsh, I do agree.... well especially in bobbys water world.... I went there yesterday (the day his new stock arrived) and he sold out of 90% of his stuff by the end of the day.... it would be pointless for him to take pictures of stock that will be gone by the end of the day....

I did take pictures of some of the fish that were still there when i went... I would defintly contact him and ask if they are still there before goin down though... I know the sabertooth was goin to be sold later that night after I left though.

Salzbar - your only in snohomish, its just a quick run over to his place... next time his stockin list comes up... head down the day he gets his shipment! I promise you wont be disapointed.

stierwalt3

Salzabar- I'm not sure were you are in Snoho but Bobby's place is not far at all from downtown Snoho! Just a quick run up river rd to old Broadway hang a left and his place is just a couple lights up. Well worth the trip if you can get there in time. :lol:

Salzabar

thanks Sannuka and Stierwalt3 for being kind and thoughtful since I obviously don't know what I'm talking about. You have set me straight and now I understand. I'll be looking for the new stocking list and look forward to meeting Bobby. As for Addictedtofish, you might want to tone it down a bit when you post cause not everyone has the experience that you do. You come off as an elistist when you chastise others which is easy to do online but I bet you'll have a much harder time when we meet face to face, maybe at Bobbys place when we are picking out our new fish. So, the moral of the story is-be kind to others cause you never know when you will actually meet in person.

Betty

Staff member
That is a nice looking synodontis hybrid. I love the color! And I think it's great that you were told it's a hybrid before you purchased it. I bought one of my synodontis species a few years back as a purebred, at a purebreed price, and found out later that it was a hybrid.

sandnuka

Alright, now this is why Ive said several times no belittling members/posts.... people can get offended/hurt pride, and next thing you know you got a fight.... guns, knives, gangs, who knows what trouble is out there now...

So, I hope everyone was just blowing steam.... and thats all that will happen. Once again, *puts on admin face*

Belittling of members/posts is not tolerated, posts can be removed at admins discretion. Repeat offenders can be banned for actions.

Salzabar

I'm cool Sandnuka and I have said my peace to Addictedtofish PM style. And for the record he reached out to me first so we are all good now. :D

A

Anonymous

You guys are soooooo cute. Lol its nice to see us acting like adults here. I spend very little time on my old favorite forum (mfk) because of all the flame wars if you want to see me in action just go to some of my posts on that site. I remember a long and very detailed discusion with like 4 or 5 people against me and found that often times when I post now my posts are offten ignored or randomly deleted. We can't have that happen here, thank you san for steping up and saying something. And thank you all others for coming out with your heads up and smiling like adults.