FS (5) Vieja bifasciatus "Rio Chacamax", male dovii

Modest_Man

Smallest is 5-6" and largest is 8-9". Other three are about 8". No idea on sex. Largest two have been sparring. Small one is likely female. $100 for all 5.

I also have a male dovii (has red genetics but didn't fade) about 7" that I just recently picked up that will need a new home too. $20.

Just nabbed a 14" red dovii male so the 400 gallon is getting a makeover to dovii only. The V. bifa have been ideal community fish. Not pushy but don't put up with crap. I really like them and would love to see them at 12-14" but the goal from the start was dovii only!

Pickup in Enumclaw.

20200826_194430.jpg 20201010_181503_Original.jpg

Madness

Staff member
Bifa are on my new want list but was wanting them smaller. But beggars can't be choosers, right? These come from Dan? I only ask because i was planning on placing an order through him to get some, as well as tangled up in cichlids. I do want them, still available?

Last edited:

Modest_Man

They are not from Dan or Kevin. I got them from a guy on MFK from the east coast. Just looked up their history and the mother of my guys is from COTA. Father was an unrelated Rio Chacamax.

Here's the father-32F2D2B3-F756-450B-9B1A-B3AEC8352948.jpeg
32f2d2b3-f756-450b-9b1a-b3aec8352948-jpeg.1403177

I got them at 1" in August of 2019.

Here's a video from today. A few nipped fins from dovii with wrigglers.

Give me a call or text (503)-902-2862. Will be out on the river fishing most of the day tomorrow but should have service.

Arbeeh

Smallest is 5-6" and largest is 8-9". Other three are about 8". No idea on sex. Largest two have been sparring. Small one is likely female. $100 for all 5.

I also have a male dovii (has red genetics but didn't fade) about 7" that I just recently picked up that will need a new home too. $20.

Just nabbed a 14" red dovii male so the 400 gallon is getting a makeover to dovii only. The V. bifa have been ideal community fish. Not pushy but don't put up with crap. I really like them and would love to see them at 12-14" but the goal from the start was dovii only!

Pickup in Enumclaw.

View attachment 6844 View attachment 6845

Arbeeh

Do you have any plans on going up North? I can meet and buy the dovii. Unfortunately driving 126 mi each way is too much for me. If you don’t have plans then it’s ok. Thanks

Modest_Man

Arbeeh, I have someone lined up to get the dovii Saturday. I rarely head north at all. Honestly, with the way 2020 has been going I haven't gone much of anywhere lately!

Arbeeh

Pickup in Enumclaw.

View attachment 6844 View attachment 6845

Arbeeh

No problem. I’m glad that you found him a good home. We’ll keep in touch. Thanks. I’m looking for chancho, hoga, isletas, hemichromis fasciatus and elongatus.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
No problem. I’m glad that you found him a good home. We’ll keep in touch. Thanks. I’m looking for chancho, hoga, isletas, hemichromis fasciatus and elongatus.
Hey, I admin a group on Facebook called hemichromis five spot jewels. In that group there are a few members currently selling frempongi and elongatus . You may want to check it. Just scroll through the posts and then PM the member that has fish . I believe they all currently ship too.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Beautiful bifa! If I had the space / and if madness wasn’t buying them I’d love to own them.

alas, my cichlids have filled out all 10 tanks