33 long planted poo tank

L190

So I went to the Tuesday gsas meeting and went a little crazy at the auction. I bought more erio plants when I told myself I wouldn't. So I had to set up my planted tank quickly.
This tank I used worm castings (worm poo) mixed with clay and added some trace minerals in the soil. I capped it with regular gravel I got at manufacturer minerals, it was $4 for 50 pounds. Hopefully my erios won't melt and I won't get crazy amounts of algae.
P_20170216_073955.jpg

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
The plants may die back at first but should take off after that. Just keep up with water changes to keep the algae down :) Looks beautiful and will be even more amazing when they fill in!

Livebearer Lady

I would put printer paper across the top to slowly adjust that sunglasses light :cool: so you don't burn them!!
Algee will for sure take over of you don't have Pleco's to keep it down to a minimum as well. NICE scape, great score & wish I could have attended that night...:confused:

Loren

Really nice and great showcase for those plants that you won at the auction.

L190

there are 2 gobys in there, a neon blue goby and a ornate goby. I have tons of amanos and some snowball shrimps.

L190

P_20170308_103033.jpg
Tank update: I have added a rock to the tank and am trying to grow downoi on it. Also I have added some river buttercup, crypt green gecko, erio feather duster and pogostemon thin dudu Heidelberg. Hopefully I'll get some crypt nurii rosen maiden in on Friday and in good shape to add to the tank.

Last edited: