29g Predators?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
What little aquatic predator could you put into a 29g for life?

Some of the puffers come to mind like the Congo or Mekong.

What else can you come up with?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
So far if I go African themed I am looking at a Calvus, pretty cool little predator.

If I decide South American maybe dwarf pikes.

What else?

Anthraxx

brichardi! and hey you can take some off my hands for free. they will kill anything in the tank once they get breeding!! :p. im right next door to westgate if that helps make up your mind! haha

Madness

Staff member
My son has some Brichardi also available. They are very tiny. He has 2 pairs that breed in his community tank, that he has his Peacocks, Calvus, and a few Vics.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Are Brichardi the African equivalent of Convicts when it comes to breeding? :laughhard:

People cant give them away...

I might use my 29 to grow out some bristlenose plecos. I have 3 regular and 3 albino in my 120g right now. I want a nice male to add to the 210g but they need some size on them or else they will become food! :pig:

gobluecichlids

Brichardi are cool tangs that protects thier babies from other tankmates. Easy to put in a 29 gal tank..

bristlenose will be fine with the brichardi.

Madness

Staff member
They are worse than Convicts. The fry from the spawn, and other Brichardi will protect the fry. You can tell in my son's tank 3 different spawns by the same parents, all co-existing. So the parents just keep pumping them out. :D

Anthraxx

IMO in a smaller tank the parents tend to kill em off when they reach a certain size.. something about dominance or something like that. i just enjoy watching the colony aspect go down. either way they end up being pretty fish that you dont have to drive far to pick up or pay for. up to you either way.

Madness

Staff member
My son would disagree with you if he were on. The parents, older bros and sisses, all spawns help protect the colony. No eating. They continue to protect, pair up, spawn, just to make the colony larger and stronger. Everyone protects the colony.

Anthraxx

not in mine at least. the parents will randomly wipe out the offspring as they hit a certain size or sex. seen em swimming around with half a spine sticking out of their mouths on more then one occasion. maybe mine r just jerks.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I have water in the 29g and getting the heater set at this point. Factory setting seems high, for a new 100 watt I keep having to turn the thing down. So as soon as that is set the bristlenose plecos go in. :cheers:

And I have decided that the 120g will go... :( I did get the big tank I always wanted so I will sell it to help with some bills like I told my wife I would.

Still dont know what I want to do with the 29g on a permanent basis. :scratch:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
The 120g is gone and the plecos are growing out in the 29g. I am really leaning toward dwarf cichlids... but cant decide African or South American.

Anthraxx

well i have plenty of dwarf africans breeding atm. just gimme a call and maybe we can work something out bro. be happy to toss ya some stock.