265 has some inhabitants!

A pair of Dovii on one side (normal female, red Gene male) on the other side a pair of normal convicts, a pair of pink convicts, 3 Midas, and 2 PetSmart red devil's.
I really want another tank!!! The problem I have is the tank is in the living room and needs to "look good" so I'm trying to decide what direction to go with the tank... So far I love them all!!! Hard to decide....

IMG_20200126_190402.jpg IMG_20200126_152259.jpg IMG_20200125_152332.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Nice group of fish you have. Looks like you too will face the what to keep decision as they get bigger. Keep us updated, I really want to see how the midas turn out.

Moved the little pink convicts back to the 40 gallon until the female gets big enough to keep up at feeding time with the other fish, picked up a supposed 6" red devil that turns out to be over 10" the biggest PetSmart red devil given to me keeps trying to spawn with it I think.... And my male dovii is starting to get more color and get a small hump on his head!!!

IMG_20200202_115925.jpg IMG_20200202_120017.jpg IMG_20200202_120439.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
And that is why we all end up with multiple tanks, lol

That looks like the Petsmart red devil getting the hump?

Yep, him and the the 11" red devil have been hanging out alot and seem to be trying to make a nest together. The PetSmart red devil seems to have grown the fastest and may be over 6" closer to 7" now

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
I know some of the purists really frown upon the ‘midevil’ you find at Petsmart and Petco but usually I find them to be good quality fish. The ones that we have are colorful, have decent nuchal humps and actually not overly aggressive. With all the fancy Hoga, true Midas and Sagittae growing out, at this point I could keep just the one Petsmart red devil and be happy.

Pretty much, If I can get him to pair off with the big female, I would be pretty happy, the Midas eat well but still don't seem to be hitting a growth spurt yet. I am not sure if the second PetSmart fish you gave me is male or female, it has probably grown but not at much as the larger one

Last edited:

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
A couple baby pics to show the progress of your Petsmart Red devil

When I first got it
A39F28A0-E0CC-4AA5-904C-55ABE921D8BF.jpeg
Still in the 20L
IMG_20191201_164746101.jpg
Your picture of it now
MVIMG_20200216_073322.jpg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I saw your devils at AP today..... where did the big one come from?