2014 black friday ads and sales (+Cyber Monday)

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Petsmart released this preview, the 50% off on the tank ensembles could be a good deal...
e125541dd53fda23d09b22fe.jpg

a54441ec775784dc865179ec.jpg

330a7bd96115a1c86146504c.jpg

5c6a350908bfb5df2fd08c46.jpg

9e4b291be7480ce0ae0ca65a.jpg

73c10901fbbf8b0ad31026ff.jpg

sale starts Nov 27 at 7am online and Nov 28 in store.

Here is Petco
115f2854d883c5f59b195ab4.jpg

759c1ac113dbf845de89422f.jpg

4d10a35ed817a09478972911.jpg

456413242de547efbd3b0d74.jpg

The sale runs Friday and Saturday Nov.28 and Nov.29

Bob

Re: 2014 black friday ads.... it has begun

Has the Co-op sale leaked yet =D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Vicmacki said:

I would put 'Co-Op' and 'leaked' in the same sentence.... makes Cory twitch. ;) Though Hank has a nicer home now!

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

DMD123 said:
I would put 'Co-Op' and 'leaked' in the same sentence.... makes Cory twitch. ;) Though Hank has a nicer home now!

haha I don't any aquarist wants leaked in any sentence when referring to fish related anything! lol

tazeat

How about the cat litter, that was the sale last year at Petco, I think I brought home 200lbs of litter last year.

MorganEA

tazeat said:
How about the cat litter, that was the sale last year at Petco, I think I brought home 200lbs of litter last year.
how much did you pay? We are always looking for a good deal on cat litter.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member

Vicmacki said:

The Co-Op sale will be announced via app. Not sure when exactly yet. But there will be come deals to be had.

tazeat

MorganEA said:
tazeat said:
how much did you pay? We are always looking for a good deal on cat litter.
I think it was like $6 something for the 35lb pales of tidy cats... Safeway today is $5 friday for the 20lbs and that's a pretty good deal. They run that fairly regularly though.

http://weeklyspecials.safeway.com/Safew ... 076141.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Ok, realized many here would be interested in more than fish so I put full Petsmart and Petco ads up. Will try and add more as I see them pop up. Please add the deals you spot too.

Hiney1

So, does anyone have any experience with the Marineland canister filters? I'm thinking about the c360 for my 55. $60 would seem like a good deal, depending if media comes with the filter. Online reviews are a bit mixed, some claim leaks after a short time of use. Thanks for any help!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Im totally afraid to use the Marineland canisters with all the negative reviews. The new Hydor ones look good but not sure on sales, the eheim 2217 are excellent.

Bob

Pulled a Marineland Magnum 350 canister from my parents garage. About 20 years old, never got cleaned when they were done with it. Cleaned it up, new gaskets, working perfectly after all this time.

KaraWolf

Keep in mind the old stuff is almost always better made then the stuff they make now.

tazeat

My feelings as well, just because the old ones hold up doesn't mean the new ones will. I've had good luck with the '06 Fluvals... I run 3 of them now. Occasionally petco has them on sale, pair them with a 20% off giftcard you can buy online and it usually isn't too bad of a deal especially considering how low maintenance they are...

dwarfpike

Waiting for the Co-Op's Black Friday ad ... 1 cent Zebra Plecos!!! :cheers:

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member

Slightly off topic, but for those interested in cat litter try Integrity. It comes in a 40lbs bag and I get it for $10. I love it. Way better than any can litter I've bought. And less dusty than others I've used. As well it is pure clay, the scented stuff isn't good for cats respiratory and sometimes can deter from using the box because of the smell.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Aqua Cave is offering 16% off and has some door-buster sales going.
http://www.aquacave.com
They have $4.95 shipping and carry foods by NLS and Omega One.... Good time to stock up on foods.

Salzabar

tazeat said:

200 pounds?
How big is your cat? :shock:

Paintguy

Some people use cat litter when they get stuck in the snow, and it helps if you put some under the slipping tires also.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member

Sneak peak email ad from Drs Foster and Smith

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg