WTB 20 Gallon Long...but with a hitch!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
So this little spot here between Bo's (and Bea's) kennels, the bulldog pic montage and the hallway is where I want to put a 20 gallon long. The kicker is that I want to devise a stand that is no higher than 8 or 9 inches to keep it lower than the montage and off the floor. Perhaps someone here as already devised such an arrangement and is willing to part with it?

I'd like to avoid using cinderblock, milk crates or anything like that. While functional for sure, I enjoyed that style of decor back when I was a hippie living in a commune. I'd prefer some kind of stand that, with a little work from me, could potentially qualify as "furniture".

I really want to try my hand at SHRIMP!

Thoughts? Am I crazy? Do I just want too damn much???? hahahahahaha

Next Tank Location.jpg

Cole

I can't help you on the tank situation, but I LOVE your bulldog photos, etc. on your wall!

VickiK

Member with a lot to say

julzhull

I love the montage! My worry is that with the heating duct underneath it might get too warm with it being so close. I think I remember cherry shrimp (at least) shouldn't be warmer than 80 degrees, it might be hard to control in that spot (I may be completely wrong, just a thought).

FishBeast

Definitely the deal of the century! I'm walking around my house this morning, wondering, where would I put such a thing...? I definitely have Multiple Tank Syndrome but I think this is two more tanks that my syndrome can take! Thanks for showing it to me though, @FishBeast !
Hahaha no worries! ☺️ I have it in my garage at the moment precisely because my wife would not tolerate it in the house.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
I love the montage! My worry is that with the heating duct underneath it might get too warm with it being so close. I think I remember cherry shrimp (at least) shouldn't be warmer than 80 degrees, it might be hard to control in that spot (I may be completely wrong, just a thought).

That's a really good point. I hadn't even thought of that.

The other thing about my grand plan is that I'd have to be bent wayyyy over to service the tank or look at it closely. Not the most comfortable position for Shrimp Gazing.....

FishBeast

The other thing about my grand plan is that I'd have to be bent wayyyy over to service the tank or look at it closely. Not the most comfortable position for Shrimp Gazing.....
Orrrr... put a beanbag down in front of it and get comfy at ground level.

julzhull

We have a 40 gallon super low to the ground, when we have to get down to vacuum or algae scrape it's not the most fun, I'll have to say. :/

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
We have a 40 gallon super low to the ground, when we have to get down to vacuum or algae scrape it's not the most fun, I'll have to say. :/

Yes - I'm rethinking my grand master plan. What its doing is giving me an excuse to buy a Fluval 6 gallon and then put it wherever the hell I want...lol