165 gallon coming along!

JimA

Jimapics014-1.jpg

CopyofJimapics010.jpg

Will be adding rocks and sand tonight also been transferring water from the current tank running. Moved 2 canister filters and 1 hob to help get the bio going,fish will be moved in a few days.

If you look in the first pic you can see the scratches some a-- hat put in there. :x I honestly think they used black sandblasting material for a substrate I don't know any other way the could scratch glass that bad.

JimA

Yes they will. Thinking about culling some of herd before moving all the others in. Male/female ratio

A

Anonymous

Black sandblast substrate is great I hear. Anyway sorry it isent favorable for you, the previous guys choice of substrate that is. But your tank looks good. Is that a 3D background?

JimA

fish_n_vw said:
Black sandblast substrate is great I hear. Anyway sorry it isent favorable for you, the previous guys choice of substrate that is. But your tank looks good. Is that a 3D background?
Probably does look good until some a-- hat uses it to clean the glass with it under a sponge. It doesn't look bad overall with the light on.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Looking good! :spoton:

If you only had some big Central American cichlids you would be set :lmfao:

Looking forward to seeing it with the stock, even if they are African cichlids :D

Betty

Staff member
Very nice. I can't really see the scratches. Are they near the bottom? I had blasting sand in one of my tanks -- I really liked the look of it, but noticed it put a lot of small scratches along the area that it covered. I was always really very careful and only cleaned the area of algae with my bare fingers to be sure no sand was being rubbed across the glass. I blame it on the fish digging and moving it around so much!! :whistle: