135g 8ft Aquarium

Tang or rainbows/planted?

• Tang

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Rainbows/planted

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Bob

Having trouble deciding what to do with this thing. It's long and skinny, imagine two 55g in a row, basically what this is. Can't decide on a Lake Tang cyprichromis/shelly tank. Or, i have a group of about 20 Pseudomugil furcatus ive been growing out and make it a planted tank.

Thoughts?

hose91

I like the cyp/shellie idea. I'd even consider cyp/shellie/julies, with a string of rockpiles and interspersed shell beds. Add some bolbitis, java fern or crypts for a bit of planted color.

Or...Tropheus, seems like a good tank for that.

Or...a school of Geophagus with some cories and a couple of huge schools of big bodied tetras (black phantom, or columbian or any of the hyphessobrycons).

I like all the swimming length, but the narrowness does kind of stink. I'm enjoying a 5' tank with a group of midsize schooling fish like barbs/tetras with a bunch of cories on the bottom. They really take advantage of all the length and provide a ton of action to watch without seeming constricted by the 12" width.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Bob

I like all the swimming length, but the narrowness does kind of stink.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I actually love how narrow it is, it's the only reason i picked it up. Makes it super easy to light if i go planted. I have a 6ft 125g and sometimes i cant stand how deep it is. I have to use four rows of finnex leds just to grow the plants i want. This tank would only require two rows.

Bob

Unfortunately i am overstocked on fish, so no new fish. Got to use what i got.

Bob

Now i am thinking about a Native stream tank. With Darters, Sunfish, Killies... I just can't decide.

Loren

A native stream tank would be really cool.

Whatever you decide please consider adding a group of Cory's. We love watching our group swim from side to side in the 46 gallon. I couldn't imagine how cool it would be in a much bigger tank.