125 gallon tank for $125 - in Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Killer deal. You could rehome to the turtle to AP and they would find it a good home. Dom did that for me a year or two ago……I’m wondering what the larger fish with the orange coloring is. Looks almost festae ish but I do see a few Jack dempseys ( which I’m not a fan of, but could also easily be rehomed as there is a market for them).

I actually picked this up. The fish were...

9-10" female Festae(kept)
x4 Texas(kept only the beautiful 6-7" male)
4" Jack Dempsey(brought to lfs)
and a beautiful Diamondback Terrapi(brought to lfs).

The monster female Festae was worth the $100 to me so I consider this to be me buying a nice Festae, and getting a free 125 with it lol.

Attachments

• B4F33826-DB40-4231-9C98-6859CE524AD2.jpeg
    B4F33826-DB40-4231-9C98-6859CE524AD2.jpeg
    981.1 KB · Views: 10

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, she is a monster! I had one at one point but my smaller male beat her up beyond repair one day when I was at work…. They were in my 220 too!

Glad someone on here snagged that deal.
4AF3972B-BE63-4058-9C55-643580BE13FF.jpeg

This was a pic when I got her and prior to me healing that wound and then introducing a male to her…..

Yes, she is a monster! I had one at one point but my smaller male beat her up beyond repair one day when I was at work…. They were in my 220 too!

Glad someone on here snagged that deal.
View attachment 11131

This was a pic when I got her and prior to me healing that wound and then introducing a male to her…..
Dang dude, that sucks! That was a beautiful female.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I've never been to AP. Do they have a good selection of Central and South Americans? I'd love to find some pure midas.
Pure midas will come from madness who is local in Puyallup….. he has fry, I believe right now….. he can trance his fish back too, so you know they are pure.

In fact, madness was and is starting back up again to be our local supplier for anything amphilophus!

He’s currently working on two breeding pairs of Chanco ( one is my male). The amphilophus chanco are becoming harder to find, and if you grab them from some of the keepers that sourced them way back when from a supplier, they don’t have the distinct barring that my male and his females have.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
I have pure amphilophus trimac, but they aren’t breeding currently

Pure midas will come from madness who is local in Puyallup….. he has fry, I believe right now….. he can trance his fish back too, so you know they are pure.

In fact, madness was and is starting back up again to be our local supplier for anything amphilophus!

He’s currently working on two breeding pairs of Chanco ( one is my male). The amphilophus chanco are becoming harder to find, and if you grab them from some of the keepers that sourced them way back when from a supplier, they don’t have the distinct barring that my male and his females have.
That's great to know! I'll definitely have to connect with him soon then. I'm gonna start stalking his threads now lol.

Modest_Man

I've never been to AP. Do they have a good selection of Central and South Americans? I'd love to find some pure midas.

I have a group of three A. saggittae, 2M 1F if you are interested. From the Wetspot in Portland. Largest is probably ~8". Not quite a midas but close.

Madness

Staff member
I have a group of three A. saggittae, 2M 1F if you are interested. From the Wetspot in Portland. Largest is probably ~8". Not quite a midas but close.
No they are not close they are closer to a red devil than they are Midas :p

Modest_Man

Close enough

1-s2.0-S1055790310002344-gr1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.