12 new Festae!

Spyral

Just got my box from Daytona Aquarium! Drove right home and acclimated the little suckers! 12 nice Festae, between 1" and 1.5". I will get some pictures up when I get home.

Very excited.

Spyral

Like the post says, "When I get home." I am at work now. Once I leave here, I will post some pictures.

The way they shipped was awesome. Each fish was in it's own double walled bag with about 3 " of water and the bag inflated with pure oxygen. Then the 12 bags were put inside one large bag that was filled with pure oxygen as well. It all came in a styro insulated box, very neat and tidy! All the fish were alive and EXTREMELY active in their little baggies. I took a video of the whole ordeal, from opening the box to inspecting each bag, just in case any were DOA's, that way I would have proof.

Turns out it was not needed as the fish all arrived quite healthy and happy!

Spyral

2011-06-23_16-57-13_257.jpg

2011-06-23_16-56-39_561.jpg

2011-06-23_16-56-25_775.jpg

2011-06-23_16-56-14_315.jpg

2011-06-23_16-55-25_970.jpg

2011-06-23_16-55-11_722.jpg

Zerc

/jealous.

nice fish! i still need to find one! but i want to be able to get a confirmed female, and my other cichlids are only 2-3" long so far :(

Spyral

I have gotten 5 PM's, 3 texts and a set of emails asking the same thing, Shua. Once they get bigger and I can determine sex, I will sell some off, but it's going to be a while. With the way I do water changes and the feeding schedule I put them on, they will grow quick. I will keep y'all informed.

JK47

Spyral said:
I have gotten 5 PM's, 3 texts and a set of emails asking the same thing, Shua. Once they get bigger and I can determine sex, I will sell some off, but it's going to be a while. With the way I do water changes and the feeding schedule I put them on, they will grow quick. I will keep y'all informed.
Right on Spyral! I am growing out 12 festae as well. I picked up mine from Rattle., they are about 2" now. You have LOTS of time on your hands before you have to thin out. Such slow growers..

Spyral

I have 3 from Rattle's first or second spawn, they are about 4" now. With these 12, I have 15 now. I got a long time, you are right. I'm in no hurry now that I have a tank full of these guys!Cool thing about the Festae is you can always sell them..lol

Madness

Staff member
Well I have about 300 hundred Festae, so there. :) lol In about 8 weeks you can add 12 more to your clan.

Adonijah

Nice! My one lonely festae finally has gotten to the size where it can get a pellet in it's mouth. Game on from that moment :D