Shrimp foods?

17mars

[GALLERY=media, 230]IMG_20170414_185328720 by 17mars posted Apr 14, 2017 at 7:33 PM[/GALLERY]What do you feed your shrimp?
My neocaridinas have a rotating diet of Crab Cuisine, Tetra colour granules, shirakura shrimp ball food and, starting today, a small vacation feeder for a change.
Thoughts?
(Yes, I know they can interbreed but I just have a Skittles tank for fun. Not breeding.)

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
This is an interesting thread. I hope to see what folks will post. I myself have tried just two foods so far - and neither one has been enthusiastically received by the shrimp - but the ramshorn snails think it's crack cocaine.

1st one: Fluval Shrimp Pellets - meh
2nd one: Borneo Wild "Grow" - snail crack

And I just ordered another one -- from amazon - that had great reviews from lots of folks. Shirakura Shrimp Food http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MZ2K7F4/?tag=wafishbox-20

I have some of their baby shrimp food too for when THAT ever happens....

@Mike16T has a shrimp buffet at his house....MIKE???

Mike16T

This is an interesting thread. I hope to see what folks will post. I myself have tried just two foods so far - and neither one has been enthusiastically received by the shrimp - but the ramshorn snails think it's crack cocaine.

And I just ordered another one -- from amazon - that had great reviews from lots of folks. Shirakura Shrimp Food http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MZ2K7F4/?tag=wafishbox-20

Lol. I pent time giving you links and you bought a different one! Shame on you... :p:p:p

Betty

Staff member
No need. I will post my food list and links in my shrimp thread so that everyone can see it and maybe give them ideas.. =)
That would be awesome. Things go by so fast in that chat that only a few people see them. You should post it in this topic as well.

I have a bunch of shrimp that came in accidentally when I bought something else. Two turned into thousands. They eat everything I feed to my plecos -- nls pellets and a variety of fresh veggies and canned green beans, algae, etc. Nothing specifically made for shrimp. They've had some of those weekend feeders too.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
That would be awesome. Things go by so fast in that chat that only a few people see them. You should post it in this topic as well.

I have a bunch of shrimp that came in accidentally when I bought something else. Two turned into thousands. They eat everything I feed to my plecos -- nls pellets and a variety of fresh veggies and canned green beans, algae, etc. Nothing specifically made for shrimp. They've had some of those weekend feeders too.

What kind are they, @Betty ? Apparently, they're not the crystal red fragile bodies that are floating around at Casa Vicaroo at the moment.............

and I wish they were!

julzhull

Shirakura Shrimp Food is also like snail crack. The baby snails in my nano get to it before the shrimp do. But, I can easily scoop it up and dispose of baby snails so I guess that works too.

Right now they seem to love the pellets with spirulina I drop in for my hasbrosus corys. I need go pick up some other food options.

Mike16T

Shirakura Shrimp Food is also like snail crack. The baby snails in my nano get to it before the shrimp do. But, I can easily scoop it up and dispose of baby snails so I guess that works too.

Right now they seem to love the pellets with spirulina I drop in for my hasbrosus corys. I need go pick up some other food options.

Lol.. You can find a lot of different kinds of shrimp food from the links that I posted. =)
Shrimp food is also my trap for my snail every time I feed Hoppy (My spotted congo puffer in my other tank). Once snails clump up to the food, I just pick them and feed it to Hoppy.. =P

julzhull

Lol.. You can find a lot of different kinds of shrimp food from the links that I posted. =)
Shrimp food is also my trap for my snail every time I feed Hoppy (My spotted congo puffer in my other tank). Once snails clump up to the food, I just pick them and feed it to Hoppy.. =P
I'm going to look through the links and pick up some new food for them. I also still need to order some buce from those links you suggested. :D