Bowfin pics

Racersk

I have posted these onto Monster Fish Keepers, but he belongs here too.

Enjoy!
:afro:

Bow_3.jpg

Bow_1.jpg

Bow_2.jpg

Bow_4.jpg

Bow_5.jpg

About 12" long and girthy. Eats mainly earthworms and feeders, spits out massivores... I have recently moved this guy to a 125 from the 90 in these pics. He is still getting used to the extra room and just plain does not do well with others. All the other fish I put with him pick on him!

Racersk

Actually not really, this is a really shy fish I have found. I am adding more cover as I can so he will come out a bit more. He also damaged his nostrils pretty badly when I moved everything around, so I am anxiously awaiting the regrowth of a nose... Can't smell his food- poor thing!

Bassman42

Where did you get the Bowfin at? I have been trying to find some bigger ones around Seattle but the only ones I can find are small, what did you pay for it?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Bassman42 said:
Where did you get the Bowfin at? I have been trying to find some bigger ones around Seattle but the only ones I can find are small, what did you pay for it?
The last I saw of the bowfin was on MFK when it was being sold. Might want to try to contact the OP and see if he still has this if you are looking for something bigger.