HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 co2 diffuser???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
footbllplyr19
Fry


Join date: 2010-06-24
Age: 25
Location: auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

PostSubject: co2 diffuser???   Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:41 pm

What does everyone use for a co2 diffuser, just set up a DIY Co2 unit, and purchased a cheap glass diffuser off of ebay, will be here in a week. Right now I just have a green air stone on the bottom of my airline tubing. What does everyone else use and recommend? Any thing that will help dissolve the co2 a little better? Or DIY diffusers?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:49 am

glass diffuser needs about 7-10 psi to work properly. DIY Co2 unit will not produce that pressure.
You can read in this link hoe to make DIY Diffuser.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/diy-aquarium-projects/72381-diy-diffuser.html
Back to top Go down
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member


Join date: 2010-07-05
Age: 25
Location: Port Townsend

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 am

I have a glass diffuser set up to two DIY CO2 bottle and it works fine. I replace the bottles once a month.
Back to top Go down
Jacko
Contributing Member


Join date: 2010-06-06
Age: 20
Location: Kent

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Probably one of my favorite DIY diffusers is a chopstick, just shove a chopstick into the airline tubing... produces very fine bubbles IME. I got rid of my bamboo and got a good old bubble ladder instead, works a tiny bit better.

Another option would be a wood airstone diffuser generally used for skimmers... but they work the same as a chopstick and cost 4 bucks each Razz
Back to top Go down
footbllplyr19
Fry


Join date: 2010-06-24
Age: 25
Location: auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:45 pm

Jacko wrote:
Probably one of my favorite DIY diffusers is a chopstick, just shove a chopstick into the airline tubing... produces very fine bubbles IME. I got rid of my bamboo and got a good old bubble ladder instead, works a tiny bit better.

Another option would be a wood airstone diffuser generally used for skimmers... but they work the same as a chopstick and cost 4 bucks each Razz



Where did you get your ladder at?
Back to top Go down
Jacko
Contributing Member


Join date: 2010-06-06
Age: 20
Location: Kent

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:42 pm

Midway, we've got them for 20 bucks each...
a bit pricy but it's worked great for me, think I might readapt it with that bamboo skewer idea daniil linked to
direct a tiny stream of bubbles into the bubble ladder seems like alot better than big bubbles... hmmm
Back to top Go down
footbllplyr19
Fry


Join date: 2010-06-24
Age: 25
Location: auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Jacko wrote:
Midway, we've got them for 20 bucks each...
a bit pricy but it's worked great for me, think I might readapt it with that bamboo skewer idea daniil linked to
direct a tiny stream of bubbles into the bubble ladder seems like alot better than big bubbles... hmmm



I was in there on Saturday looking for them, and you guys didn't have any!
Back to top Go down
Jacko
Contributing Member


Join date: 2010-06-06
Age: 20
Location: Kent

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 pm

I swear... I think everyone was there on saturday lol... they're above the planted display tank, the 75 gallon acroos from the bubble tank.
Back to top Go down
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member


Join date: 2010-07-05
Age: 25
Location: Port Townsend

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:20 pm

Jacko wrote:
I swear... I think everyone was there on saturday lol... they're above the planted display tank, the 75 gallon acroos from the bubble tank.
Bubble tank?
Back to top Go down
ledieudufromage
FishBox Member


Join date: 2010-07-05
Age: 25
Location: Port Townsend

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:39 pm

ledieudufromage wrote:
Jacko wrote:
I swear... I think everyone was there on saturday lol... they're above the planted display tank, the 75 gallon acroos from the bubble tank.
Bubble tank?

Double that curiosity, I was wondering the same thing.
Back to top Go down
footbllplyr19
Fry


Join date: 2010-06-24
Age: 25
Location: auburn/federal way/milton/ edgewood/ ya i'm confused too

PostSubject: Re: co2 diffuser???   Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 pm

ledieudufromage wrote:
ledieudufromage wrote:
Jacko wrote:
I swear... I think everyone was there on saturday lol... they're above the planted display tank, the 75 gallon acroos from the bubble tank.
Bubble tank?

Double that curiosity, I was wondering the same thing.

They are talking about the in wall tank that has a big bubble in the front, Instead of a bow front!
Back to top Go down
 

co2 diffuser???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Washington FishBox :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Plants & Inverts-