Zebra Pleco

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone knows of where to find a zebra pleco at? They have amazing bold black and white stripes. I have tried Petco and Petsmart in Olympia/Lacey area and no such luck. I'm not sure of specialty aquatic stores in that area. If anyone knows of where I can find uncommon breeds of pleco's please let me know :) Thank you :)

Jacko

The only place I know for sure that has them would be Aquarium Solutions in Spokane... Barbie breeds and raises her own. It's a bit of drive, quite a bit of one, but from what I've heard it's definitely worth it.

Alot of the chinatown stores might be able to get them in for you... haven't seen any up there before though.

ShortyKiloGyrl

Staff member
Yes that is quite the drive. I found a few on aquabid.com. I guess they are rarer that I thought. They are wanting quite a price for them. And to get them shipped makes me nervous too. :/ Thank you for all the help! I appreciate it very much! Hopefully I will find something local.

Fern

I know a guy who can get them, they are not cheap at all! Expect to pay about $100 an inch!

They are rare now because they are banned from export so whats here is here there will be no more coming in. There is also a dam project under way in their natural habitat so they may very well get wiped out in the wild.

I am working with my adults and trying various tricks to get them breeding so far no luck. I am in the midst of replicating drought, the 'first rain' will be today when it rains, I will be giving them a 50% water change and hoping the 'weather change' works!

Caton

ShortyKiloGyrl said:
I was wondering if anyone knows of where to find a zebra pleco at? They have amazing bold black and white stripes. I have tried Petco and Petsmart in Olympia/Lacey area and no such luck. I'm not sure of specialty aquatic stores in that area. If anyone knows of where I can find uncommon breeds of pleco's please let me know :) Thank you :)

*sinckers* Haha, thats kinda funny. Barbie in spokane does have them but she has a waiting list. expect to pay a whole lot.