Your vehicles

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
That certainly doesn't look like the stock engine.

Well, actually, if you're talking about my E30 M3, everything about that car is stock, including the legendary S14 powerplant. The E30 M3 was a homologation special for the European DTM racing series, basically a de-tuned racing car, and its engine, a normally aspirated 2.3 litre 4-banger, made 360 horsepower in racing trim. In a 2600 pound car, it's not the easiest car to drive on the street, but it's still a kick in the pants...

q10.jpg

FishBeast

Well, actually, if you're talking about my E30 M3, everything about that car is stock, including the legendary S14 powerplant. The E30 M3 was a homologation special for the European DTM racing series, basically a de-tuned racing car, and its engine, a normally aspirated 2.3 litre 4-banger, made 360 horsepower in racing trim. In a 2600 pound car, it's not the easiest car to drive on the street, but it's still a kick in the pants...

View attachment 3714
Good God, man... I see what appear to be the M1's Giugiaro wheels in the background. I can't tell the proportions of what it's mounted on.

Loren

View attachment 3714
That is a beautiful car and obviously very well maintained. Your last sentence reminds me of a car I had some 40 years ago. I dropped a corvette 325/375 HP engine in a 65 Chevy II.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
That is a beautiful car and obviously very well maintained. Your last sentence reminds me of a car I had some 40 years ago. I dropped a corvette 325/375 HP engine in a 65 Chevy II.

Now that sounds like fun!

FishBeast

Well spotted. The wheels are mounted on a 1979 M1. Not mine, unfortunately...
I was gonna say with your insane M3 and then seeing the M1 "Do you have a stable of these fantastic Teutonic beasts at your disposal?" After that I would say "When can I come over for a ride?" LOL

FishBeast

Absolute madness!! What did you do with the car?

Loren

Absolute madness!! What did you do with the car?
In my high school years (late 70's) I went through cars like candy. 9 in three years. If only I would have used all that wasted money to buy land in my hometown of Redmond I just might be able to afford the beemer that you were drooling over.