Yet another lighting question

Adonijah

[flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/OJRDq4Hoohk" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

I've been piecing my first tank together for about a month and two weeks now. A couple days ago I finally snagged some glass tops for my 55. Problem is now with my left light the fish don't seem to get nearly enough light. I've been thinking since I got this that I wanted to redo my lighting system but I get mixed answers from everyone. I just want to see my fish in all their glory, not dimmed. :(

My question is this. What light is best for my tank? Should I go double tubed all the way down? Should I just go to home depot instead of going to my lfs?

Thanks in advance.

Mikey

First off, tank looks great so far!! What kind of cichlids are in there? If they're african you may want to reconsider the drift wood as they like harder, high PH water.

And about the lighting, can't go wrong with t8 lights. You can get them cheap at home depot. :)

Adonijah

My tap is 7.8 and the water is actually 8.0 without any chemicals. I have a colony of pundmilia nyererei reds that I got from kevins in burien. There's also two jewels and a bn pleco. Why t8 over t5? Is it cheaper? I just want to see my dark fish anywhere in the tank.