Yet again more fry....

Wolf-Keeper1

Ok ok by now everyone here should
pretty much know my intreast in fish. But I swear I have never seen a fish like that bottom picture ever! How many of you guys are keeping those things? I'm a gynormous sa/ca cichlid fan, but man that fish is just amazing. How much do those fish run? And do they come in other different color combinations? I may have to do
it and make one African tank cause I'm guessing that's where that's from.

Wolf-Keeper1

How big of a tank do they need? Well can anyone just link me to some info. I would seriously like to look into those. It's the kid in me. It's the color.

sandnuka

Its an OB peacock from Lake mallawii in africa... actually OB Peacocks are said to be a hybrid/man made, but they are found in the wild.... so thats a whole other argument... Anyway, they are just like any other peacock (Aulonocara cichlid)... and yes they come in tons of different colors.... My favorites are the sunshine peacock, albino and regular eureka, although the ruby reds are very striking too..... anyway, they can get up to 5", but I really dont see many bigger than 4". 30 gallon tank is plenty big enough for a trio, but I would like a bigger group (8-10) in a 40 gallon myself.

Just do a google search for OB peacock for more info, auloncara cichlid, Or peacock cichlid, This is one I found really quick but didnt read thru it, so I dont even know if the info is good. lol, hopefully you'll get what you need out of it.

http://www.aquariumpassion.com/profiles/freshwater-fish/cichlids/lake-malawi-cichlids/ob-peacock.html

congratulations mark! I remember when you were first gettin into the hobby.... and breeding was no where near what you were planning... now you got yourself a nice little hatchery... awesome dude! :)

Wolf-Keeper1

Thanks man, that blue and yellow has me hooked. I am seriously going to look into them and see what there compatible with. Cause I would want a bigger tank for them if I do get them.

sandnuka

well there compatible with every african peacock cichlid.... you can also put them with a bunch of mbuna's from the same lake too.... they come in a ton of color as well.... careful dude, once you go african cichlid, you might change all your tanks! thats what happened to me!

Addictedtofish

I have 2 different types of OB peacocks, Rusty's,Red top Cobalt Zebra's, Yellow tail Acei's, Pseudotropheus Elongatus, Yellow labs, in a 80 extra tall tank. Now I have the 2 types of peacocks spawning and the elongatus spawning also in that tank. I think I have around 28 to 33 fish total in the tank, there all around 2" to 5" in size and no aggression problems.

sandnuka

probably gonna have some cool lookin cross strains from those two different OB peacocks in there.... that will be pretty awesome.... a third color in your tank! lol

Addictedtofish

Thats what im afraid of because the dominant male peacock in the tank is the sunshine ob peacock, and he doenst allow the other male of the other type of ob peacock to color up. Ill have to strip that female of the other type next week and wait 3 months to see what color of male I get.