WTB/WTT: Top and light for 55g , MU/PU Auburn Area

JesseM

I am setting up a 55 gallon tank for a friend who's son has Downs, he really enjoys watching the fish but the family doesn't have allot of extra money. I have everything needed to set up the tank but some kind of top/lighting. Doesn't need to be anything to fancy just enough for some low light plants. I don't have allot of extra cash to throw at this so if anyone has something cheap,free or something to trade for let me know!

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I don't have a lid, but I have a 48" t8 fixture with bulb that works and you could have it for free. You'd just need to source some 55 class to out underneath it

discus_2013

I have hood and lights but I'm out in Oakville free if ya still need em, they are brown but some krylon paint can fix that.

Br

I have a 48" coralife t5 and an acrylic hood too but I live kinda further north...please let me know if you ever going up North then we can meet...will have HOB filters, powerhead and other stuff as well.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I don't think he's very active. I know I haven't heard anything back.... Jesse, did you get what you need yet?

I just sent him a text. He said life has been hectic. He will probably check in soon :)

Also, I'm going to be seeing him in the next week or so. If he wants any of the offers coming from the north end, I'd be happy to grab them and deliver when I head down.

JesseM

Oh gosh! Sorry guys! Just had a few things pop up and I forgot to check in on Fishbox! I got/getting a light from Fishlover-Ron. So thank you all who offered up a lighting. I'm just on the hunt for some type of lid, I may end up using the double pained plastic that Scott offered. I will post pictures when I have it all set up.