worms gotta go now but how???? need solid advice please fish box

pbmax

Re: worms gotta go now but how???? need solid advice please fish box

plaamoo said:
Being stuck in an apt. I also use the kitchen sink a lot. I always spray down with bleach after water changes. Too many possible nasties !
To each their own; I save the bleach for my hot tub. :)

CrazedAce

Just a side note to the conversation, it appears the hydra numbers in my tank have dwindled overnight after adding the gourami. I will admit I usually feed my fish twice daily, and will be stopping doing so in that tank. I'm pretty much broke now, so no fendendazole for me or my fishies.

I also added a female betta to the tank, as they have similar behaviors for scavenging, also her sister wouldn't stop being a *beep* to her. I'm thinking I may have not seen them before, was because I had a larger pleco and a different betta in there before that kept their numbers down.

I have to admit that I deal with Planaria in revolving cycles in a few of my tanks often. They are from too much UNEATEN food, I have not seen poo and detritus spark these worms.

I love to feed my fish, especially the smaller ones I want to put size on, and with that I religiously change 30-40% of water in all tanks, twice weekly with gravel vacs. Sometimes work or something else pulls me away from this schedule once and awhile and things get nasty and worms pop up. No big deal, just change or get back on a very regular schedule of cleaning if you like to feed like myself. If you only water change once a week then cut your feedings.

Everyone's advice on here to clean it good and keep it clean is spot on. I also have to side with the anti-chemical guys as there is simply no need. Good luck!