wildworld aquarium and reptiles - Olympia

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I am headed to Olympia tomorrow to visit my grandmother and thought about checking out wildworld aquarium after my visit.  I have heard good things, but never been there.  Can anyone tell me about their experiences there?

A

Anonymous

The one on the west side is gone replaced by a bank. Used to be awesome I was there when they auctioned off the 775g display tank.

A

Anonymous

Went into the newer location and all I can say is that the probably will not last long.

I went in and just as I was leaving they asked If I needed any help. Horible looking livestock. They must not have any quarentine meathods. I saw signs of ich and a tang with HLLE out in the displays. They may be convenient but they will never get any of my business because I would go to PetCo first.

ReefRift

I've been going to their new location for over a year now. I've bought live rock, corals, fish and inverts. Only had the following deaths: six line wrasse (my fault, left the cover off the tank), and a blue starfish that I bought for half price because its leg was damaged in shipping. Never had any diseases and I don't QT since Song (the owner) QTs and treats with formalin. I find it funny that anyone would choose to go to Petco over this store since Petco in Oly had Ich for over a year in their saltwater tanks and corporate refused to let them treat the tanks.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
To keep this as clean and simple as possible, please follow these rules:

0= Horrible
3= Moderate
5= Amazing

Your post should be like this:

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

You may add up to 5 lines of comment.

Also if anyone has a website for them etc, that would be helpful to people who read these reviews.

vsivanandam

Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Best place for salt water fish in olympia .
Song (the owner ) is very knowledgeable about saltwater and QT's and treats his fish always before selling.
I have never had any issues from the livestock which i buy from there

ReefRift

(Apologies didn't know about the format)

Overall Experience 4.5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish 4.5
Variety 4.5
Service 5

Song will literally not sell you a fish if he thinks its incompatible with your tank. If you have improper lighting for a certain coral, he will tell you. Since discovering the store, I buy all livestock from there.

discus_2013

Overall experience 4
Cost 3
Quality of fish 4
Variety 4
Service 5*

Great place for the Thurston aquarist, to be honest the selection isn't great BUT it is better than any one else in the area, cost is average, last time I was in they were selling arowana, discus, Africans, angels, rams all sorts of fun stuff. I gave the service a five with a * because the owner is top notch he will tell you everything you need to know but his employees aren't help full.