Wild Neos from Hawaii

Livebearer Lady

I have a chance to acquire "wild" but invasive, various forms of Neocardia shrimp that has established there in the local streams caught by the local's. They range from bright colors to typical browns or greens. Can't wait til' they arrive!!! :p:D:lol

Livebearer Lady

The Shrimp arrived today!!! 14 in all and one berried one the upper left in pic # 2. Here is a few pics of these, I think they very cool indeed!!! He also sent 2 B.N. babies one of which is in pic #2.
A Wild stream caught Neo. denticulata sinensis from Kaneohe, Hi.
The locals call these "Glass shrimp".
I hope to breed the crap out of these and share some with whom-ever may see the beauty of these rare Neo. shrimp which are on the mainland!!
413559976.jpg
413559973.jpg

413559976.jpg
[/IMG]
413559976.jpg
[/IMG]

Livebearer Lady

Just got another batch today but this time they are showing colors & patterns, will post more pics & lots of berried one's too. Either way they are SOO darn cool to have here!

Livebearer Lady

So I did a count on this order I received toady and see I can definately spare some to the first 3 members who want some of these Hawiian wild Neo's. (Neocardinia denticulata sinensis) at I.D.ed by U.S.D.A. Hawaii
I can do 7 shrimp X 3 bags with 2 berried per bag (female's ready to hatch out, eggs are dark green) in the next week!
$20.00 per 7 shrimp I will add in floater plants "in bloom", food, and a garden home-grown Pumpkin!
Send me a P.M. with your location.
I will be coming to Renton on Sunday at the Starbucks/Sierra pets that day in the afternoon.

Last edited:

Livebearer Lady

Got another batch with location this time, wow THEY ARE VERY WILD INDEED! These show Green, brown, tan, yellow, clear & snow white. I am up to my Rubber-maid tubs in Hawaiian shrimps now!!!

ZeusAlmightyShortLegs

What exactly makes these wild neos special other than from hawaii just cuious, AquaticArts sells these 20/$20 im all about local, but not at 7/$20 while we can get 20/$20 dont know if 13 shrimps is worth giving up for LOCAL

Livebearer Lady

Come on man,, this is Hawaii! who knew...
These cool little Shrimp, probably cherries were released back in the 1970's by local old-school hobbyists. They now have formed their own isolated population that have gone unnoticed for decades! Sure they are considered Feral but to be discovered only in the last decade is cool in itself. So any locals collecting them is helping that native biotope.
Zues-xxx I'm soo sorry you just don't see the beauty in all of this, :( as I do feel very lucky :p to have had a local Hawaiian share these with me! He went out collecting 2 weeks ago and was nice enough to contact me just to offer me some,
I am willing to add in more now as I have lots!!! :rofl
Pleco's {nice looking spotted B.N.s and wild-type guppies were also collected at this latest location.} So
I will post a pic of this location up in the hills above Honolulu.

Livebearer Lady

Here are 2 pics from the biotope stream (pauoa) and these actual shrimp I now have collected on September 24th. 2017
If one looks closely they're are guppy's in that net...