why no pond section?

I guess the title pretty much says it all. But I'll say it again. Why isnt there a pond section her on The Box? Is no one here into pondering?

KaraWolf

It would fall under either general freshwater fish or unheated aquarims. Not quite an "aquarium" but I think we had one previously and it was just taking space but no one was using it. I think it could become a thing if enough posts get posted on the topic.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Kara is totally right. It used to be the box had a million forums that never saw any action. We condensed alot of them. With the caveat that if a forum is needed we'll make it. There are always little discussions on certain topics and it'll lead to a why don't we have a brackish section?! etc. Mostly because not enough discussion is happening yet. But if we start having multiple threads for a month or 2 at a time going it makes sense to split that off.

Ok. That makes sense. I was just curious as I'm putting together a small pond in my yard. And wondered if there were any other ponders on here.

KaraWolf

Yeah, there are a few. I *want* to say Betty built a really nice one a while back maybe last summer(may not have been Betty). And someone else built a tiny indoor one that looked really cool.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I only currently have above ground ponds at my house. 1000 gallon, a few 360 gallons etc.

Betty

Staff member
Yeah, there are a few. I *want* to say Betty built a really nice one a while back maybe last summer(may not have been Betty). And someone else built a tiny indoor one that looked really cool.
I'd like to say it was, but no pond for me. :(
Maybe you're thinking of Donna. She had a nice pond project a while back. And I know others have posted about ponds as well.

Bob

what are the details on the large black shallow totes? Size, price, where you get it?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
They are 6x2x2, basically the same size as the tank my Mbu puffer is in. I'd have to look up the price but I want to say in the 300-350 range. Laguna makes em. I order em in for people who want em during pond season.

Bob

I am thinking one of those would be perfect for my school of cyps coming in.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah. I could probably sell you the one in the video at a discount since I'm gonna put IBC totes there. And I have 2 other ones in my yard already. I can always order more I suppose.