why does my jag do this

aquaman95

the new jag i got has been lazy and shy since like a day or two after i got her iv checked the params and they are perfect shes eating and is healthy but extremely shy and lazy what can i do.i wanna keep her but she is way to skittish she comes out to eat and then hides she has more then enough hiding spots and space because she is in my 90 now

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
She needs "friends" to chase. Some dither fish.

aquaman95

ive had 3 pairs on my fourth every single one bred in insane amounts my new pair wont do sh!t.sorry for the language.they might be the dither for her

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
She was housed with other fish and was used to lots of activity. She is just not sure how to behave yet.

sandnuka

Im sure she is just taking her time to get to know the place... whenever I got a new fish they always seemed shy.... after a week or two they usually come right out of there shell.... I dont know if adding fish when she is already shy gonna make her come out, or hide more?? Let us know how it turns out.

aquaman95

built a rock castle with pots and THR for cons to hide it worked within 5 minutes she came out to (play) now im gonna get amazing pics when i find my damn camera

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
sandnuka said:
I dont know if adding fish when she is already shy gonna make her come out, or hide more??
She was not a shy fish when VW had her. She was in a community tank with many others.

Glad to hear the cons helped out.

A

Anonymous

Hey, aquaman, check this out bro. If you want to see that jag, and how she used to act in my tanks I'm sure I have 20+ videos with her in them. Follow these simple instructions.
1. Youtube search fishnvw1
2. Subscribe
3. Go to the "subscriptions" tab
4. Click fishnvw1
5. Go through my 60ish videos and watch her.

She is a great fish, never had health, behavior, spawning, courting etc. issues. Check out my channel dude I had that girl for like 6 years. Maybe more, she is a truely wonderfull fish.

P.S. I hope she kills your hybrids... sorry:)

A

Anonymous

Sorry, that was a jerky thing to say. I don't wish death on anyones fish. I do wish people would stop hybridizing fish though. Again, sorry.