Who's had a fish bite them?

Hiney1

I was trying to clean my 40b and the BloodParrot cichlid decided to get very territorial. Bite is not quite right, perhaps nip? Anyways, a bit of a shock to me. Anyone else have a nip/bite story?

Stingro

My Arowana bit me once, but they don't have much for teeth. I'm much more careful when I have my hands in my puffer tanks.

Edit-Right after I posted this I had one of my Severums bite me for the first time.

I've never been nip or bit but I was most definitely most careful in my fahaka tank and stingray tank.

fishpatch

0a86660c77131f39bd2c70c32c6299f5.jpg

I have not been bitten nor do I planned to be he is ferocious and tries to jump out of the water to grab your net when throwing feeders in. I have had no luck switching to frozen foods :)

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

IMG_20160814_093217.jpg

try tying fishing line around the shrimp or whatever you feed him/her and just troll it around the bottom of the tank until he/she eats it. But each day slowly move it less and less until you just can drop it in the tank, if he still doesn't eat it just stop feeding live food until he eats it. the king of diy goes more in-depth on this topic
0a86660c77131f39bd2c70c32c6299f5.jpg

I have not been bitten nor do I planned to be he is ferocious and tries to jump out of the water to grab your net when throwing feeders in. I have had no luck switching to frozen foods :)

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

View attachment 2928

Dmf

My daughter has been bitten by Lola - red devil/midas mix, a bumble bee cichlid. Shes been spiked and sucked on by a pleco!! i try to keep my hands away from the face :) But Lola is the only fish I have now that bites and she is quick!!!

Betty

Staff member
Some of my African cichlids nip my arms. I actually started wearing a long glove years ago because of it.

Dale

I was trying to clean my 40b and the BloodParrot cichlid decided to get very territorial. Bite is not quite right, perhaps nip? Anyways, a bit of a shock to me. Anyone else have a nip/bite story?
Believe it or not the most startling nip I've gotten was from my dwarf guramie stuck up she I was petting Chubby the blood parrot I use as my picture here lol