what to feed picky eaters

Dmf

what is the best food to feed a Red Devil? Mine have lost almost all red!
a Red Isletas?

thank you, Mine were given to me but not as fry, so they came already eating pellets. and Turn their noses up to other foods. I have tried almost everything so any suggestions or help would be great!!

thank you!!

Dmf

They eat pellets. They only eat Hikari gold. That is the only thing they eat. I just wanna make sure that I am feeding them what they are supposed to eat. My red devils have lost most of their red. My midevil is almost all white now and lost her orange spots. I keep the water clean and where the parameters are supposed to be. I have tried all kinds of different food, even Kens food which i have 6 bags of none of the fish will touch. So i am stumped.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
A lot of the creamcyle Midas / Red Devils / amphs go from grey to bright yellow, to deep orange and then go to almost white......

My creamcyle devil from madness started out almost all orange with a couple of white lines, then went to the color I posted in pics. He is now (6 months later) almost all white with an orange face.....

For one reason or another it's in their DNA and pellets or other foods ( in my opinion )won't bring them back

Madness

Staff member
For starters Hikari is like feeding your fish McDonalds every day. They are hooked on it. You are going to have to starve them before they will eat something else. Starve for about 4 days, drop a couple new pellets in the tank, check a few hours later, if food is still floating then remove. Go another couple days, and repeat. Fish can go weeks without eating. Also Kens is along the same lines as Hikari. I feed my Amphs Southern Delight. Check out my group here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuIydfyGZ9_AVnDHuO3XsrA They are doing very well and have maintained their deep orange color

Dmf

Where do you find Large pellet southern delight? I am looking and only find small pellets or none..

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Yes, Shawn hooked me on southern delight about two years ago give or take 6 months. Buy it in bulk and it's super cheap for fish food that is that good! My fish attack it!!!

Dmf

I just got 2 bags to try out as long as they like it I will start to feed them and order in bulk. :)

Dmf

He said it was shipped already.. :) so i have been giving them cichlid sticks... I know they wont eat them but just in case. Lola tried em the 1st day that ended that. but at least there is something for them.