What do you breed?

cafman

I'm curious plus knowing what people breed may stimulate some trade/exchange of fish so:

Q1: What fish do you breed?

Q2:What fish are you trying to breed?

Having only been back in the hobby a couple months nothing has bred yet (bred BNs a few years ago). I am currently working on breeding angels and BNs.
Cafman

sandnuka

fish that have spawned for me are:

Tropheus Bemba, Trohpeus Kasanga, Tropheus Duboisi - but I have no lil' guys yet, some eggs though ;)
Sunshine peacock - only had them a month or so and got eggs, then they ate them. :(
Christmas fulu - two holding females now
German Blue rams - Spawn for me every week like clockwork, and gobble up there eggs.. lol, I guess it takes them 10 - 15 times to get it right? thats what a breeder told me.

Trying to breed:

discus - I have a beautiful pair, but they just wont do the dance... just ordered a clay spawning cone, hopefully that will help?
Cockatoo Cichlids - there just babies still.... :)

larry.beck

Mbuna... in the grow-out tank as of right now...

Red Zebras
Rusties
Yellow Labs
Demasoni
Cyno. Cobues
Greshakies
Chipokaes
Aceis (yellow tail)
Aceis (white tail)

Fern

Breeding; neo. brichardi, albino long fin bristle nose plecos, xmas fulu, Cyrtocara moorii, Copadichromis conophoros mchenga, SP 44, leleupis

Either too young and growing up to breed or conditioning to breed; hap ruby green, L046, synodontis petricola, white top haras, pseudocrenilabrus multicolor victoriae, Paralabidochromis chromogynos "Zue Island", butterflu goodeids

larry.beck

Fern said:
Either too young and growing up to breed or conditioning to breed; white top haras
Hey Fern do you have a line on WC females? I've got 2 beautiful WC males but haven't been able to get my hands on WC females. :(

Fern

Talk to Khrister over on usafishbox, he can probably get them. He is where I got mine from and they are either F1 or F2, I can't recall at the moment.

Madness

Staff member
I can't argue the Convicts. I have a couple of those breeding myself. :suspect:

I have had one of my Honduran Red Points lay eggs 3 times now. And each time they disappear. This last time the male was moving rocks, fanning the substrate trying to uncover them thinking that they had fallen into the gravel. Mom was helping. But deep down inside she knows what happened to them. If dad ever finds out. :twisted: She better catch the next bus South.

Just today my Hogaboomarums have finally spawned. :cheers: :beer:

Trying to spawn:
Long finned Dempseys, Red devils, & my Fire mouths.

larry.beck

Fern said:
Talk to Khrister over on usafishbox, he can probably get them. He is where I got mine from and they are either F1 or F2, I can't recall at the moment.
Sent him a PM - thanks for the pointer, Fern! :D