What are these?

Ali

Noticed them last night after doing a water change. They are quite high up on the glass, only a few inches down from the water line. And right in the path of the outflow from a canister filter.

They look kinda like eggs, to me, but I'd love more opinions.

Sorry for the lousy photos; late night + cellphone camera+ smudged glass are not a great combination.
005546.jpg 005602.jpg 005650.jpg

Ali

That's what I was guessing, but I've never seen them spawning and they were so high up on the glass.

They're gone today, but with everything else in the community tank I wouldn't actually expect any to survive. Still an ego boost to know something is happy enough to spawn :)

Mike16T

Noticed them last night after doing a water change. They are quite high up on the glass, only a few inches down from the water line. And right in the path of the outflow from a canister filter.

They look kinda like eggs, to me, but I'd love more opinions.

Sorry for the lousy photos; late night + cellphone camera+ smudged glass are not a great combination.
View attachment 2603 View attachment 2604 View attachment 2605

If you have Snails, It could be snail eggs. =)

Bob

I'd guess cory eggs, or nerite eggs if you have nerite snails. If they are gone though, i'd say cory eggs. I have never had a fish touch nerite eggs, they are pain to remove, i usually have to use a razor blade.