What are "Points"? How do you get them? What are they good for?

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
@sir_keith, bringing this one up because of your inquiry

If you notice by the banner on the top of the page there is a pull down menu under "Members", when you open this you get a "Notable Members" page and there is a "Most points" category with what appears to be a max of 113...

What are "Points"? How do you get them? What are they good for?

Maybe another moderator has some input...

Madness

Staff member
No clue what the points are for but in looking at the stats, I have the second most posts and I was pretty much non existent for a few years. So does that mean I was the @DMD123 of today, in the past :rolleyes: ? Wow I must have really been lighting this thing up, :D

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
No clue what the points are for but in looking at the stats, I have the second most posts and I was pretty much non existent for a few years. So does that mean I was the @DMD123 of today, in the past :rolleyes: ? Wow I must have really been lighting this thing up, :D
lol, they just couldnt keep you quiet!

I think it was because you have been around so long... old timer. You just had a ton of posts from all the years here. Ive been trying to come up with topics and ideas to keep the forum fun and interesting over the years, not trying to be a post hog.

Betty

Staff member
Points used to be called trophies. You get them for various milestones like posts, likes, etc.
This is the list -- they total 113 points when you have them all. POINTS

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks @Betty, well now we all know.

@sir_keith, so it looks like when you hit 1000 posts (saw you were at 828) you get 20 points which will put you in the 113 club

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Then when you hit 113, then what? Maybe its time to add to this?

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the behind the scenes of the points / trophies....

EA18F6D4-7CD7-42F4-AD9E-862F5926AA5E.png2697FE03-656E-4EA1-A021-BA2815D6A197.jpeg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome @sir_keith to the 113 club. You did it!

Feel any different now that you belong to an elite few of us internet forum time wasters? ;)

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Welcome @sir_keith to the 113 club. You did it!

Feel any different now that you belong to an elite few of us internet forum time wasters? ;)
Yup, I seem to be a bit taller and more handsome since I joined 'the club.' But I'm still waiting for my t-shirt... :whistle

Funny thing is, this is the only online thing that I do, by choice. No FaceBook account, no Twitter account, no social media at all; I'm virtually invisible in cyberspace (unless you know how to look for my professional pages; still there even though I am long-retired). I was on the national Cichlid-forum page for a while, but it's a bore unless you enjoy interminable discussions about stocking ideas and other very, very basic questions, always answered by the same two or three people who think they know everything, but clearly don't. I like the Fishbox because there are such a wide variety of interests and experiences represented here, and also because you get to actually meet some of the posters because it's a local board. I've enjoyed meeting several regulars on the Fishbox in person, and hope to do more of that now that the pandemic is abating. :thumbsup