WFF: Culls, excess fish - MU/PU Sumner or DO in Maple Valley

swamp-rat

I'm now a volunteer at South Sound Critter Care wildlife rehab and they are in constant need of fish for feeding sea birds/herons, etc. If you have an overly prolific pair of convicts or a googol of goldfish, please let me know and I can meet up with you to transport them to the center if you don't want to go yourself.
southsoundcrittercare.com

Ali

Re: WFF: Culls, excess fish - MU/PU Sumner or DO in Maple Va

Awesome!

I've been volunteering there for years, not as much recently because I live so far away. Still my favorite local organization.

They go through lots of frozen lake smelt too, but having live fish is really important to make sure the patients can catch live prey, and important milestone to meet before being released.

I live up in North Seattle, but get down that way frequently enough. If people from up north want to donate and can't get to Swamp-Rat I'd be willing to be a drop-off place too.

swamp-rat

Re: WFF: Culls, excess fish - MU/PU Sumner or DO in Maple Va

Wikid, thanks! Yes, they are always in need of live fish. Particularly for the green heron.
Don't have extra fish but want to help? Check their donations page, volunteer, shop through Amazon off their page, link your Fred Meyer rewards card to their number...
Check the website for all the ways to help.