weird eggs ? fungus ?? on java moss

acadialover

Hello,
I have a huge bunch of moss on a piece of driftwood. Across the top layer small light balls appeared , and then today I noticed grey film along the top of the moss. oOnly on top layer of moss. Lots and lots unaffected. I did have two baby blue flame tetra's appear about a month ago out of the moss..... and I also have white clouds (male and females. Any ideas ? Are these eggs ? fungus ?? Nothing else anywhere else on thank which is 45 gallon. I also have about 6 cory's , 2 rope fish, three rosaline (sp ) sharks and a pleco.
can anyone help ? Thanks, I showed Mike at Aquaristworld and he wasn't sure....
sorry, can't figure out how to make photo smaller ?

Ratlova30

If they're little balls that are clearly visible I would guess them to be cory eggs, especially if they've been adhered to the moss. If the eggs are white then they're not fertilized, if they're yellowish brown and somewhat transparent then they are fertilized. I definitely don't think they're tetra or minnow eggs, super tiny eggs that are scattered. Not sure about the rope fish or sharks(surprised your rope fish haven't eaten the smaller fish) so you might wanna google what they're eggs look like. But from past experience my guess would be cory eggs by the description you gave. If the eggs aren't fertilized and they've started to decompose I could imagine a film forming above them.

acadialover

Thanks Ratlova,
Interesting. I had not even thought of the cory's...... My rope fish have been dancing allot the last week or so, but can't find info on the eggs. I think I will d a water change. The film is making me nervous. I tried to add a photo, but I am too new to get it up on the forum I guess.
Thanks for your esponse.

Ratlova30

To post a photo:

-click on the button with a photo and a floppy disc on it
-click browse and find your saved photo
-double click photo wanted
-click "host it"
-copy and paste the url info under "image:" onto your post
***there is no exit button on the photo upload box, but you should barely be able to see the bottom of the "preview" button, click on it and the photo upload box will disappear and you can continue typing. Took a while for me to figure out but it's a cinch once you get the hang of it.

acadialover

I just tried again. The forum says new members can not upload a photo for 7 days....
bummer, although I guess they are worried about weirdo's.

Ratlova30

It took me months to figure out so I guess I didn't have that problem :) We'll be waiting for photos when you can post them.`