Watersprite tips?

cafman

Been reading different things online so thought I'd ask here.
Last week I bought some watersprite. One shoot put on serious growth this week, I could literally check it, go run errands and mark the new measurable growth in a few hours upon returning. Anyways that shoot got too tall (top of the tank) and I clipped it. If I want to plant that new clipping should I just stick it in the ground now or let is float around the tank for a couple weeks? I've read both.
Wish my other plants would put on growth like this.
cafman

Addictedtofish

I just use water sprite in my tanks as floating, works great on keeping nitrates low. I know you can just stick the new shoot with no roots in the ground and it will grow. What is the watts per gallon in that tank, and is it CO2?

cafman

I have CO2, in fact the watersprite is right in the bubble stream. I put some shrimp in the tank and they seem to love the WS. I want a bunch of it in background of the tank.
I have the marineland double bright. I got the big one and put it on a 30gallon tank. So the light hangs over a couple inches on each side but all the leds are over the water. I should have measured better before i bought it. In the future I may supplement it with some more leds.
cafman

Fern

Either will work just fine or you can even let it grow out of your tank and it will be happy. Mine grows floating, planted and even immersed sometimes :p
Click the video

Kianna

I've done them both ways. I like them better planted though. I usually add a root tab since they're such heavy feeders.

flo77

I had this plant and I found the right place for it is the yard waste container. Is ugly, messy and grow like crazy.I really hate it, is in second place after duckweed.

Fern

It makes great weekend food for Victorian cichlids though! When I get too much I either sell it or toss it in one of my many vic tanks