Want to see a weird fish issue on video?

thecarl

All of my plecos (bristle nose) and my yoyo loaches seem to be showing this problem. Internal parasite of some kind is suspected. I took a video, look closely at the yoyo loaches belly and watch it change.

TennisAngel

All of my plecos (bristle nose) and my yoyo loaches seem to be showing this problem. Internal parasite of some kind is suspected. I took a video, look closely at the yoyo loaches belly and watch it change.

Looks like aliens moving in there! What every happened. Looks like it was a good month ago.

Loren

Scary is right. Where do these things come from? I overfeed in my shrimp tanks and there are now Planaria, Nematodes and Copepods. Sometimes I just want to go back to having only goldfish. ;)

thecarl

Looks like aliens moving in there! What every happened. Looks like it was a good month ago.

See I would think that too, but I had literally just had the fish for two days when I observed this. The place I got them from didn't exhibit this problem. I ended up not treating them with anything that worked, and gave up since they seemed to be eating and behaving normally otherwise. Now ~ several months later the loaches no longer do that weird belly thing. One of the pleco's still does it but its very hard to notice.