video update on my 180.

A

Anonymous

Thanks larry, and thank you madness.. you know your welcome to come and check it out sometime. I was positive with the large black belt I have that it was male. Because of its insane aggression streak.. but looking at the tube when I over feed it and it popped down, I believe it to be a female. Same with the blackbelt I got from D (your old one). I think I have two females. My meathod is probably not 100% accurate, but besides a blood test, or watching them spawn, its near impossible to sex a lot of sexually dimorphic fish. Its just what I noticed. females tubes are typically fatter around and more blunt at the end, as where males are more pointed. I'm sure you have read this a million times. Me too, and its the basis for my conclusion. Either way, you should come by sometime and give it a look, and then we can from there.

Madness

Staff member
fish_n_vw said:
Thanks larry, and thank you madness.. you know your welcome to come and check it out sometime. I was positive with the large black belt I have that it was male. Because of its insane aggression streak.. but looking at the tube when I over feed it and it popped down, I believe it to be a female. Same with the blackbelt I got from D (your old one). I think I have two females. My meathod is probably not 100% accurate, but besides a blood test, or watching them spawn, its near impossible to sex a lot of sexually dimorphic fish. Its just what I noticed. females tubes are typically fatter around and more blunt at the end, as where males are more pointed. I'm sure you have read this a million times. Me too, and its the basis for my conclusion. Either way, you should come by sometime and give it a look, and then we can from there.
:tongue: Any time. You still working insane hours?

A

Anonymous

@madness, nope busy time is over. We ended up doing everything to get ready to move and then dident move... dumb.. I was upset, a lot of prep work for nothing, but the pay was good for a while, and right before christmas, so I can't reall complain.

@fishman, thanks man. I am really happy with the way everything is going in that tank, but I kinda feel like I am on borrowed time. The reason is the seiboldii are pretty aggresive and although they haven't hit a real growth spurt yet, I'm sure that when they do mayhem will break loose. Also that argentea gets a little aggresive sometimes as well. Since I added the seiboldii the long trailing dorsal and anal fins that were on my firemouths and argentea have disapeared, but I have never caught anything in the act. And the fins on the lyonsi are slowly growing long, so it could be them. Don't know. Either way all is well for now.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Hey VW nice to see you back! The tank and fish are looking good. We are going to need an update on all your tanks since you've been gone for a while now....

A

Anonymous

Yeah, dang holidays and ot at work had me insane busy, I barely had time to keep up with all my tanks. I will have to do an update on all my tanks in the next few days. I have lost a few fish, and not gained any, so.... you'll see in the update.