video of my 45 gallon multifasciatus tank

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
You are one shell short of a full Tang. Sorry bad play on words! :joker: You need more shells!

Looks good! :clap:

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. And I do thing I need more shells.. they are piled kinda high, I was thinking about mixing them up and spreading them evenly. I think it would fill up the whole bottom if it was just one layer.

fishman09

looking good. your a great multitasking hobbiest. almost makes me want to set up something small african tank.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, this is actually toned down from my norm. I went through a planted tank, and reef phase for a while.. that was tough.

Anthraxx

i dont like it! lolz naw it looks like multie habitat... just add some structure and maybe add those fake plants back in. a little color and structure is good for any tank :). maybe we can share a brew and work on it one of these days.. haha :beer:

A

Anonymous

if I add structure, then I will make myself get other fish. And I don't want to because this colony will be going into a smaller tank in time. Probably a 30 breeder. So I want to keep just multies, and the multies perfer shells, shells, and if you can fit in a few they would like more shells. I just don't want to tempt myself to set up another community tank when I have to use that space for something else. The 45 is really just a temp solution. I will add some structure when they go into there forever tank. Because I will then be able to build the inhabitants to the size of the tank rather then buying inhabitants that will be fine in a 45, but not in a 30 breeder. I really want some syps, but they wouldent do well in the smaller tank, so there outta the question.

Betty

Staff member
What a difference! In the first setup, it looked like there were far fewer shells.

A

Anonymous

They were piled about 2 or 3 shells high, that's thse way they like them.. but I don't have enough shells to do that. So I will probably oder another 200ish and see how that works out.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
I like the "new" set up with the shells all covering the bottom like that.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, me too. I just need about 3x that many, then I will be happy.