Vesicularia ferriei (Weeping moss)

A

Anonymous

A new moss for me. I scrubbed all the Java moss off this LOG and searched for ways to attach the moss. Usually I attach stuff using thread but this time I used super glue. Was much easier using the glue than thread. Hope it works okay.

This LOG is about 18 inches, currently standing on end in the tank.

1st dried off the spots where I wanted to attach moss.

2nd put a couple drops of glue on the wood.

Working small areas eventually covered the areas I wish to see the moss fill out.

I did some reading, searched through our forum and a couple other and found no negative reviews using super glue in the aquarium. If anyone has any info to add please share.

CMooreCichlids

I've used super glue on many plastic plants, and have had no ill effects on my fish...it has to be Super Glue or Crazy Glue. It cannot be glue which is similar to rubber cement.

Just make sure you let it sit for a bit before putting it in the tank

Jubs

As long as you use Cyanoacrylate based super glue (I've never personally came across any other type) it is safe for aquarium use once cured. If you want it to instantly cure (or almost instantly depends on the viscosity I've noticed) spray some water on it. The only downside to the water curing is it turns the super glue white so make sure its hidden if that bothers you.

cichlid-gal

I have used the superglue gel on anubias before with no ill effects. Sometimes the plants have loosened again before final attachment but overall I've had good experiences with it.

A

Anonymous

The glue did turn white. It does visually looks bad. I had success with a small piece of wood and flame moss, with success here the moss should grow right over it. But I sure can tell how messy I was with the glue. There are splatter drips up and down the wood, DOH!
9bdc58e286462d7a4047ed77b53da610_zps3b9983ad.jpg

A

Anonymous

Thanks Jubs. I also attached a couple of Buce 'ghost' to this log about 4 days ago using the same method.
f8745169d8c1d2848dcb59b309f8f8e9_zps53c86d1c.jpg

When they came in it reminded me of fast food advertisements, lol. This is a very small plant. When they take pictures of them people must use a magnified lens or super close up shots. Because I thought they where much larger. Still a nice plant though and glad I picked it up to try out.