Update forum software version?

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've found some coding options that are available to newer versions of the forum software. We are currently using the oldest version possible.

One of the features I'd like to implement is a like button as opposed to the +/- system for reputation.

The downfall is, the skin or overall look of our forum isn't available in the new version. So colors/layout of a few things might change a bit.

KaraWolf

sounds like a good idea. Especially since I keep seeing posts I really want to click like and then realize I'm not on facebook. lol Curious: if the newest version is terrible do they give you an option to uninstall that version? *rails at fb changes of stupid*
I can get used to a new skin easy as long as I can still access the portal XP and more options to do more stuff is always a plus!

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
In theory, the functionality should be the same, it's just the look might be a bit different and with lots of customization we could probably have it look the same if we really needed it too.

dwarfpike

If not ... this is one of the best, cleanest forums out there.

Ha. I should learn not to post precoffee.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
The + / - thing has proved to be a point of contention. Some get a - for no apparent reason or a grudge is held, who knows. I think a 'like' only would be great. Either you 'like' or you have nothing to say about it. lol, a forum dictatorship  :lmfao: 

MRTom

facebo10.jpg

<font size=5>Dooo eeeet!</size> :cat:

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I'm gonna start working on it now. However the shop is open and I may get busy and cant finish adjustments. I'll work on it more later tonight as well. So for now I'll try updating the software.

A

Anonymous

im not a fan I feel like everything is backwards and SOOOOO BRIGHT.

A

Anonymous

well right after I wrote that everything went back to the other side now we just need to do something about all this white...

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
It'll take some more work before I have an option that is acceptable. I think I'll have to create another forum and get it the way we want to use it then just copy the code over.

mvrck

Aquarium Co-Op said:
It'll take some more work before I have an option that is acceptable. I think I'll have to create another forum and get it the way we want to use it then just copy the code over.
If you need any coding/styling help Cory, drop me a line.