Turtles?

Gosu

Wasnt quite sure where to put this, was wondering if anyone had any tips on keeping my water clear with a turtle in the tank, my fish are all happy but theres a white almost rolling cloud in it, can only see it with the lights on but makes the water duller and ive hadta do 40-50% new water bout every couple days - built a canister filter hopefully that helps.

(i blame the turtle, stays crystal without him)

A

Anonymous

If its white then its waist. Just get a really strong filter. Turtles are pretty big compared to fish I imagine they poop a lot. Good luck.

Gosu

red eared slider i think, my little brother's gf brought over all her shit and moved in, little guy was in a tank he couldnt turn around in, no filter, no heat, no UV light, no land... was just miserable so i took him from her which is why i started this tank in the first place, but just a turtle lazily swimming around a 55gal is boring, now he chases all the little fish (they dont mind too much just when he nips the fins, then they bite his tail its 3 stooges funny - no visible damage to anybody ... yet)

shua

i would like to start by saying hello to every 1 new here my gf found this place so i thought i would join as well. we also have a 3" Florida turtle in our 55 with a 4" rectic ray and two 2" dats (ones a split bar tanx QT for not noticing :D ). and every one gets along fine for now as well but you should be ready for heart ach when he gets ahold of the fish cuz its just the nature of the turtle. gl

shua

Gosu

hes killed 3 or 4 tankmates now, still trying - mollies or a large school of tiny guys might be next, tank is staying nice and clean too... regardless of the graveyard

CrashSmAshley

Gosu said:
hes killed 3 or 4 tankmates now, still trying - mollies or a large school of tiny guys might be next, tank is staying nice and clean too... regardless of the graveyard
Put the puffers in there :roll: