Free Trade or Free. Australie Golden killifish female. PU spanaway

Pleco Jim

I have this beautiful girl. Her mate jumped out of the tank. Very disapointed.
I'm looking to get this girl to someone with a male that could hopefully enjoy her and breed her.
I'd like to get something in trade for her but not necessary. Maybe just a handshake that if she does successfully breed I can get a pair of her offspring.

Pleco Jim

I've had them for about 7 months. They have spawned. And been in same tank. But... the other day the male was gone. And sure enough... he jumped. Weird to me because the tank is in my bedroom and I've never seen or heard them even splash, much less jump.

clifford

In my experience all killies are random jumpers. If you want to keep trying, PM me your address and a good time to receive and I'll shoot you a male in the mail. Mine are survivors. I have a colony holding their own with my flag fish (although most of them must get picked off), and another group has 'regenerated' in one of my 1' cube exo-terras. They are insanely hard to catch, but I'm sure I could come up with something if I go hunting.

As usual, all the fish I want to breed don't, but the ones I gave up on long ago have now spawned, and are popping back up randomly.

It took about 5 minutes, but I chased one down with my cell:

[GALLERY=media, 129]IMG_9820 (1) by clifford posted Jun 14, 2016 at 10:15 PM[/GALLERY]

That's what I would send, the adults get more showy. (much longer fins)

Pleco Jim

That is an awesome offer Cliff. Thank you. I'm going to talk w the wifey (she had already started making new stocking plans for their tank) and see if she would like that. Then I will text you. Again, thank you very much.

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Never owned killi fish but on my list for my 20g long once I decide to finally set it up in my office. Where did your pair come from originally? When I'm ready, I'd like to locate some nice ones