Free Tiger Oscar

Tetranerdgirl

Seeking a home for a 5 year old Tiger Oscar, approximately 10 inches in length, believed to be female.

I ran across a Oscar for sale by owner today that was in a bad situation, a 30 gallon tank.
Her owner really loves her, is moving, and doesn't realize that she needs a larger tank. She agreed to let me adopt the fish and while I would love to keep her I'm only able to house her temporarily.

I am hoping to find a good home for her with a larger tank and preferably with someone who is experienced with Oscars. I will be picking her up Wednesday morning, I have not seen her in person yet. I have a few pictures but I'm new here and am not sure how to post them.

I'm in the Everett area and happy to deliver if you're local or meet up somewhere if your coming from out of the area. Thank you for considering.

VickiK

Member with a lot to say
@Joel I'm certain you must know how hard this is for me NOT to go find a big tank somewhere and begin to re-live my former Oscar glory days and say it was a cosmic message from the universe.

lol

@Tetranerdgirl - I hope you find a really good home for her. Be sure to post pictures so Joel and I can see! (hit the "upload a file" button below and choose the image and it will attach)

Tetranerdgirl

@Joel I'm certain you must know how hard this is for me NOT to go find a big tank somewhere and begin to re-live my former Oscar glory days and say it was a cosmic message from the universe.

lol

@Tetranerdgirl - I hope you find a really good home for her. Be sure to post pictures so Joel and I can see! (hit the "upload a file" button below and choose the image and it will attach)

@VickiK Thank you for the picture help. These are the pictures from her current owner. If I can't find her a good home I guess I'll be keeping her, I'm sure that my family will be thrilled. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for critters that need help. o_O Luckily I have a 75 gallon sitting in storage, I will do what it takes to keep her happy and healthy. Hopefully someone will fall in love with her and take her for me.
20170213_214244.png received_371947509829311.jpeg

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
Make sure to have some meds on hand.... looks like a possibility of some lesions on the skull area....it might be an old case of HITH, but with good clean water changes frequent enough and maybe some meds, it will be on the mend in no time,,,...

But then again, it could also just be that the pic looks pixelated and is distorting the image

Tetranerdgirl

Make sure to have some meds on hand.... looks like a possibility of some lesions on the skull area....it might be an old case of HITH, but with good clean water changes frequent enough and maybe some meds, it will be on the mend in no time,,,...

But then again, it could also just be that the pic looks pixelated and is distorting the image

@lloyd378 Thank you for that advice, it's much appreciated. I do have several meds on hand and am fully expecting that there's a good possibility that I may need to treat her for some type of health issues. Picture quality is not great. I'll be getting her tomorrow so I'm sure I'll be posting in another thread asking for health advice. For tonight I'm researching like crazy. :)