The Wet Spot - Portland

ZeusAlmightyShortLegs

Sorry to hear that... The 10% shipping discount is almost insulting.
Exactly i emailed them back and was like look, you have all my info right there so you know i live here in seattle and offer me 10% off my shipping knowing thats what $20 shipping so $2 off a $140 fish that you swore was 4 people checks including the bagger, bro thats insulting and complete bs dont give me the run around considering if the fish died a few days later from bacterial infection from the burn they wouldnt cover my $140 purchase such bull and completely like really bro $2

ZeusAlmightyShortLegs

Oh man! Yeah that sounds a little better bro. If it was on the shipping it would totally be a diss LOL
The issue is i dont wanna soend another $200 with them just to get my compensation they should have just offered me some credit rather than a “i have to spend again to get a delighter that they owe me”

FishBeast

The issue is i dont wanna soend another $200 with them just to get my compensation they should have just offered me some credit rather than a “i have to spend again to get a delighter that they owe me”
Yeah a credit would’ve been the way to go for sure... how is the Pleco doing? Do you think he’ll get any scarring from that

ZeusAlmightyShortLegs

Yeah a credit would’ve been the way to go for sure... how is the Pleco doing? Do you think he’ll get any scarring from that
Yea right at this point if they were local and careied rare plecos i wouldnt buy another rare fish unless they show it to me at the store eating as for the pleco its fine but its a big burn so cant believe they missed it

6D2E806A-A91A-45B6-BFDB-C3CD6AFFA0BF.jpeg

Jeffro

Overall Experience 4
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 3

I ordered online in late 2016. The fish arrived healthy and I still have some of them. Two of the 3 eels ordered did not make it, but only because they were wild caught and would not eat well. One of them became quite friendly and I hand feed him just fine.

I have a pair of Thorichthys maculipinnis as well after giving away the extras.

The customer service over the phone was not very good. The lady was kind of rude on the phone as if she didn't want to be working there, but she may have just had a bad day.

sir_keith

Legendary Member
Contributing Member Level III
Overall Experience 0
Cost 2
Quality of Fish NA
Variety 2
Service 0

Disclaimer- I haven't actually been to this place, but I've communicated with them several times about their AquaBid listings, and each time I have come away very unimpressed. For example, most recently I enquired about some small Xenotilapia that they had listed on AquaBid for $20 each (decent but not great price). These are fishes that you must keep in groups, and they are hard to find, so I was looking to buy at least 10-12 individuals. Well, WetSpot had only 2 fishes available. What's the point of buying two rare, unsexed fishes unless you're pretty sure you can find more, which is uncertain.

I was even more disturbed by the fact that when you look at WetSpot's AquaBid listings online, there is a long explanation of the different shipping options, followed by a detailed explanation of WetSpot's live-on-arrival guarantee. When I asked about this, I was informed that there is NO live arrival guarantee for Xenotilapia, or for a whole list of other Tanganyikan fishes. This list of guarantee-excluded fishes is buried deep in the WetSpot website, and it is not mentioned AT ALL in their AquaBid postings. Furthermore, if you look on the WetSpot website, the list of guarantee-excluded fishes is NOT on the page where their guarantee is discussed, rather, it is buried in their master fish list, and you have to scroll to the very bottom of this long list to find this-

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 9.43.05 AM.png

The person I corresponded with said casually, 'Oh yeah, maybe we need to update our template' for some of their AquaBid listings. Duh, ya think? This looks very shady to me, as if WetSpot is going out of their way to hide the guarantee exclusions from AquaBid buyers.

I will admit that some of the Tanganyikans on the WetSpot exclusion list are sensitive fishes, but that said, you can buy these fishes (sometimes) at better prices from Live Fish Direct in Utah, and they are guaranteed to arrive alive. I have had good experiences ordering fishes from Live Fish Direct, but I'm not about to take an expensive gamble with WetSpot anytime soon.

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

I have been in the store many time but this time my review is based off an online order.

First, all emails were responded to quickly and all questions were answered nicely by Joe. So there is were the high service marks came in. When the package arrived the fish were exactly as advertised at 1.5" and each fish was individually bagged and a heat pad was in box since it is still a bit on the cool side. Here is where the high marks for Quality of fish come into play. For wild fish I felt the cost was reasonable and they do have a large selection of things I like. So overall experience was excellent, a solid 5

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Another online order review. Just ordered a Suvattii puffer and it came in excellent condition and at the advertised size.

Livebearer Lady

Just did a phone order with Drayden,
Cost 5
Variety 5
Service 5
Quality 5

My fish order of (wild type, Betta Falx) (Sulawesi - chop-stick) snails & 6 (Nannostomus equis) pencil fish were all wild caught & arrived alive, on-time via UPS and were all in great shape too. If one is ordering by mail from them, ALWAYS ADD THE INSURANCE OFFERED FROM THEM FOR A MEASLY $5 BUCKS!
My betta's have spawned 1 week later!

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 5
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 5
Service 5

Went to Portland for a weekend getaway and stopped in store for fish. I picked up 3 Amphilophus Sagittae.
All fish looked healthy, in good condition and the service was good for being on a busy weekend.
They bagged well and used oxygen when I told them I was driving back to Tacoma. Fish got home in great shape and had no health related issues with them. Very happy with the trip there.
IMG_20200105_203445873.jpg
IMG_20200105_203509884.jpg
IMG_20200105_203458029.jpg

DMD123

Administrator
Staff member
Overall Experience 5
Cost 4
Quality of Fish N/A
Variety 5
Service 5

I did a one day trip down to Portland on Sunday 1/26/2020 which included a stop at Wet Spot for a centerpiece wood for my upcoming 75g. I ended up getting a piece of spiderwood and mounted it on a piece of slate with stainless screws. This was an interesting trip since my sole purpose was to look at pretty much nothing but decor. I did feel like a lot of the pieces of wood were pretty outrageous in price with the piece I got at $75, but this is pretty typical of any pet store. Very happy with what I found and looking forward to getting the 75g set up soon.
74FEDC30-9FC4-46FC-83CB-34EE11D1FCB0.jpeg

Last edited: