The making of my 45G Tall Angelfish tank in a 5 month span.

TennisAngel

I give all my success and credit to Aquarium Coop in Edmonds, Wa. They were so helpful! Love that place!
Now two of my Angels have bonded and this is their second time making babies. They actually were fertilized and just waiting to see if they will hatch. They have taken control of half of the tank an won't let any other fish over to their side. Amazing to see how nature happens. I am sure the fish won't make it, but it would be fun if one or two did. There won't be room in the tank. I'd most likely have to beg the fish store to take them. ;) Step1.jpgStep3fish.jpg Step4.jpgStep5Angels.jpg Step7bigger.jpg April2016.jpg AB2_6770.JPGAB2_6780.JPG

Mike16T

I give all my success and credit to Aquarium Coop in Edmonds, Wa. They were so helpful! Love that place!
Now two of my Angels have bonded and this is their second time making babies. They actually were fertilized and just waiting to see if they will hatch. They have taken control of half of the tank an won't let any other fish over to their side. Amazing to see how nature happens. I am sure the fish won't make it, but it would be fun if one or two did. There won't be room in the tank. I'd most likely have to beg the fish store to take them. ;) View attachment 2641View attachment 2642 View attachment 2643View attachment 2644 View attachment 2645 View attachment 2647 View attachment 2650View attachment 2651
Very nice! Congrats!

TennisAngel

Thanks! The eggs didn't make it. I didn't think they would. I am going to experiment with different things. If those don't work, then I will have to beg my family to let me have a 29 gal tank in addition to separate them. Fish keeping is addicting! ;)

Loren

Sorry for your loss. There are egg incubators available that you place right in your existing tank. You can talk with the folks at Aquarium Co-op to see if that is a viable option for you to use the next time they lay eggs.

TennisAngel

What kind of lighting? Finnex?
Yes, a Finnex. I don't have the box anymore but it has this on the outlet cord Finnex A-AL-R36WM
I keep meaning to ask if I need to have the blue light and the regular light on at the same time. I should have asked a long time ago. As of now, I keep both lights on at the same time. Do you know about it? Sometimes I put on the blue light on for a couple hours at night while I work by the tank so I can see them in that pretty lighting too.

TennisAngel

Sorry for your loss. There are egg incubators available that you place right in your existing tank. You can talk with the folks at Aquarium Co-op to see if that is a viable option for you to use the next time they lay eggs.
Thanks. I have looked into those online when I was reading about Angelfish laying eggs. I have a 10g tank (It was my original) I am trying to decide if I should cycle that tank back up and then remove the next batch of eggs and put them in the 10g. Seems like a lot of work to take care of them daily and raise them.
My other thought is to cycle the 10g tank - place the 7 rummy nose and the 1 dwarf guorami in the 10gal. Then if the angels lay eggs again buy this tank divider I saw on amazon and see if they can at least make it to the fry stage. I have many plants for hiding spots. Just thinking....always thinking.... :rolleyes: