The forum is switching Software

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

It's been talked about for almost a year now. I'm finally pulling the trigger on a forum move. What this means is this forum will still be www.wafishbox.com as always after the move. We'll retain all the posts etc. What will change is the software being used to run it. This will allow us much more customization and not have to pay for features etc.

During the time in which the forum switch is going on, there will be a period of about 12 hours where no posts can be made and no one can register. This forum will remain up as wafishbox.forumotion.com This is where you'll want to come while the new forum is being populated with posts from this forum.

Once the port over is complete, you'll receive a PM (Private Message) on this forum here that contains your password for the new forum. This is because no one has access to your passwords besides you. So we have to assign you a new password during the transition and you can change your password once over there.

If there are any questions post em here and I'll try to answer them. We are aiming for as smooth as a transition as possible. But there can always be things that come up unforeseen.

I'm hoping the process will start today or tomorrow, haven't confirmed with the person I'm working with yet.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
We'll be switching to phpbb3 the only thing you can export to currently.

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
Talked to the person doing it. They say they'll be able to work on it this weekend.

MRTom

<most annoying 3rd grader voice you can imagine>OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! PHPBB3!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!</most annoying 3rd grader voice you can imagine ;) >

... what's phpbb3? :D

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
I've been notified he can start working on it a bit early so this forum will be upgrading to phpbb3 so he can start exporting data. So if things look different forum style wise this is why.

A

Anonymous

MRTom said:
<most annoying 3rd grader voice you can imagine>OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! PHPBB3!!! IT'S SO AWESOME!</most annoying 3rd grader voice you can imagine ;) >

... what's phpbb3? :D
:no: - NO, MUST - RESIST - CHANGE.... And I want my 104 + back. *insert tantrum here... :swear:

A

Anonymous

PokeSephiroth said:
It's happening... it already is starting to look different.

*GASP*
:(  - I'm scared Poke, they cut off the head of my fish in the portal....

Cory

Administrator
Staff member
In about 20 minutes the board will be in holiday mode. NO posts will be able to be made, we'll be collecting all the data from the board and populating the new one. After that You'll receive a PM today with the password to your same username over at the new site.

A

Anonymous

Aquarium Co-Op said:
In about 20 minutes the board will be in holiday mode. NO posts will be able to be made, we'll be collecting all the data from the board and populating the new one. After that You'll receive a PM today with the password to your same username over at the new site.
10-4 good buddy...

Jay

Looks good! We're all switched over. Thanks for the heads up and making it so simple to change the passwords.

Jay

Hey - there used to be a way to watch a topic for a reply but I'm not seeing that any more. Is that still possible?