The Fish Store - Seattle

UWcharlie

Overall Experience: 4.5
Cost: 4
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 4
Service: 5

They have both fresh and saltwater live stock.

ledieudufromage

Overall Experience: 1
Cost: 2
Quality of Fish: 0
Variety: 5
Service: 1

They told me many things about fish that I have looked up since, most of which seem to be flat out lies, specifically about cardinal tetras. I had a good school of tetras going, and bought 5 from them, 3 of which died. A month later I bought another 10 more from them, all of which died over a 2 week period. I was not my tank, as I have Cardinals in there already. I was very careful adding them to my tank, adding 5 gallons to the water they were in over an hour before letting them loose. Also, a Dwarf Baby Tears pot added a type of algae that covered my other plants in a few days. I thought the algae was roots when I got the plant.

Ashley

Overall Experience: 1
Cost: 2
Quality of Fish: 2
Variety: 1
Service: 1

I am not a fan of this store. No on there knows what they're talking about (of course) and their tanks are way too tiny to have a couple of the same fish there for over a year. No cool display tanks or anything exotic or rare... Waste of time in my opinion.

Clogstonian

went there tonight to pick up another stiphodon, I wanted a particular one, he trapped 2 before he got the one I wanted . . just sayin'

I didn't typically want a specific fish but when it's over $10 I feel the right to ask and it's nice to not get push back.

breach of thread protocol but hey

Salzabar

Overall Experience 3
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 3
Variety 3
Service 3

As you can see this is a middle of the road store. You get what you pay for and no more.

dandelion

This is the only store that I have found that carries endlers live-bearers. I've purchased a few fish and all my plants from The Fish Store. They are a bit pricier than some lfs, but understandable considering. They have a lot of people who just browse, so you have to go to the counter to get help, never had a problem getting someone to assist me or answering my questions.
Overall I like the store and will give them my business in the future.

Overall Experience 5
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 5

cafman

I like this store. You have to ask for help but have always been treated well after asking for help. I went there when the kids and I made tabletop shrimp support modules (Google that term if you don't know it). They were super helpful and informative.

alexmuw

Overall Experience 5
Cost 3
Quality of Fish 5
Variety 4
Service 4

Great looking fish! Was in here for over 20 mins; did not see 1 dead fish. Large variety of community fish, cichlids were a bit lacking, HOWEVER they did carry cichlids not widely found in other stores. Prices a bit high, but they guarantee their fish for 15 days (unusual for a LFS? I like it!!). Would go back, but would probably need to bring more money than expected; your buying quality here.

alexmuw

Overall Experience - 5
Cost - 3
Quality- 5
Variety - 5
Service - 4

Same scores as last time. After going to the Jackson St. shops, I now say this is probably the best shop in Seattle. They have the best variety and selection out of the shops. I hear the clerks are a-holes, haven't experienced that yet. Picked up another livingstonii (hap), eyebitter (hap), and got a gold/brown calvus (tang).

Adonijah

Overall Experience - 3
Cost - 3
Quality- 3
Variety - 2
Service - 3

Very low selection on desired african cichlids. Walked out empty handed.

plaamoo

This is the best fish shop in Seattle IMO. They get a lot of poor revues and i don't get it? Very knowledgeable staff. Great selection for me, though I'm not into cichlids. I live in bellingham and I buy my tanks from them. They pump a lot of fish through this shop i of course there will be pathogens present, like any shop.

Lilydog

overall experience 5
cost 4
quality 5
variety 5
service 4
I like them because they buy apistos and plants. good variety of plants and say they buy 75% of them from customers. Refered there by gsas to sell my plants. Every shop gets some sick fish. I like they are first to tell you if tank is sick...what do you think happens when you import fish in large numbers?

Kaosu

overall experience 4
cost 4
quality 3
variety 3
service 5

visited this store for the first time today, good little store..they have signs posted " please ask for assistance at counter" posted every few rows of tanks..they leave you alone unless you go and ask for help and ..just the kind of store I like!

decent selection of all types of community fish.

for the space they have i think its a cute little store over all decent.

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I like this store for selection of plants and dwarf cichlids. I've purchased a few Apisto's from here. This store usually carries something oddball that you wont find any place else...

Overall Experience: 4
Cost: 2.5
Quality of Fish: 5
Variety: 4
Service: 5

Lamental Jester

Overall Experience: 3.5
Cost: 3
Quality of Fish: 3.5
Variety: 3
Service: 4

When I first started coming here a couple years ago, I would always be frustrated by there lack of customer service. But lately I've been seeing improvement. Their newer staff members I find are much more customer service friendly

A

Anonymous

Overall service 0
Cost 2
Quality of fish 2
Verity 2
Service 0
I will never go there again. Horrible service, I was there for 15 minutes and it wasn't until I left till someone spoke to me.