The Festae who wanted to be an Istlanum.

Spyral

So, I have 4 Festae from rattle1972's first spawn of late last year. I got them when they were about 1/4" long. The largest is now about 4" and 2 of them are around 3.5". However, one is only about 1.5". He's either a runt or just a late bloomer. He was raised with his siblings, exactly the same food, tank, water, etc. He just has not experienced the same growth as the other 3. Recently, I added 4 Istlanum. They are about the same size as the little Festae I call Tank.

The 4 Festae were usually inseparable. They always swam together, explored together and generally were always in the same area. Well, recently Tank has been swimming with the Istlanum. He no longer hangs out with his siblings and has been "schooling" with the Istlanum.

It's funny because my other fish all hang out with their own kind, but they are all around the same size as each other. I wonder if Tank will grow? I wonder if he will rejoin the Festae group if he suddenly grows? Will the Istlanum spurn him and kick him from the group if they grow and he stays small? Is Tank destined to school with the Corey cats?

Only time will tell, but for now, Tank is the Festae who wants to be an Istlanum.