Thanks to everyone who helped with the swap meet

Pleco Jim

Just wanted to give a thank you to Ron and everyone else who took the time to support the meet today. My wife and I very much so enjoyed it.

Livebearer

Jim, Did not get to meet you and your wife?...
This was a great vendor turn out but I think the rain made it less desirable to attend as a buyer....
A big Thanks to all who made this happen!!!

clifford

I had a great time too-- will definitely try to make the next one. I still kind of regret not buying Jim's pygmy sunfish...definitely a species I was surprised to see there, and one of the few non-killies I'm really interested in trying at some point.

Thanks for all the work that went into this, it was a lot of fun! On a side note, I heard Ron mention that some folks were interested in bringing non-fish related items to future meets-- reptiles, etc. Do terrariums and terrestrial plants fit into the mix well enough to bring along in the future, or is it better to try to keep the focus on aquarium items?

Pleco Jim

I had a great time too-- will definitely try to make the next one. I still kind of regret not buying Jim's pygmy sunfish...definitely a species I was surprised to see there, and one of the few non-killies I'm really interested in trying at some point.

Thanks for all the work that went into this, it was a lot of fun! On a side note, I heard Ron mention that some folks were interested in bringing non-fish related items to future meets-- reptiles, etc. Do terrariums and terrestrial plants fit into the mix well enough to bring along in the future, or is it better to try to keep the focus on aquarium items?
(I'm the new guy and my opinion matters little.) But I think terrariums and reptiles would be a nice addition. I would not be bothered by it. May even open up more customers and allow for the possibility of getting new people in the hobby as well as new buyers for rock, wood, lights, cracked Aquariums and so on.

I'm already working on it! I have retained a person to help with branding and promotion. Also waiting to hear back from Livebearer in an email I sent her yesterday. We're going to put ideas together. Hey Redrocket...if you see this check your email from me!

BTW new guys' opinions do matter - fresh ideas!!

Well, it's been awhile since the Swap. I've not heard from the people that had expressed interest in adding herps into the swap, so at this point I'm not inclined to bring it on. It's going to require someone to be the paint person in that arena to co-ordinate with me.

Meanwhile, I'm Thinking sometime in May might be a good time to hold another swap. I'm going to start another thread topic, so in regards to the next swap meet, please take your conversations there so we don't get it all split up!! See you there.