TFH Earth Day Special Still Going On; 1 yr $1 or 3 yr $2 Digital Edition

Seattle_Aquarist

TFH Earth Day Special Still Going On; 1 yr $1 or 3 yr $2 Digital Edition

Hi All,

It was great seeing so many of you at the GSAS Auction helping to support our club!! I wish I could have stayed longer at the auction but I’m not back to full strength yet – I do hope to make the next meeting.

Yesterday was Earth Day and Tropical Fish Hobbyist sometimes runs an Earth Day special on the digital edition of TFH Magazine. I thought I had missed since yesterday was Earth Day but I just went online and entered a 3 year subscription for $2 with access to archive issues as well. Here is the promotion on the TFH Facebook Page and here is the page to subscribe. Code is: EARTH

FYI this is a great way to follow the exploits of our own GSAS member Lawrence Kent who has authored several articles for TFH.
-Roy

TFH Earth Day 2016.JPG

Loren

Thank you so much for the tip Roy. I was still thinking that it wasn't possible until I received my confirmation email. 3 years for 2 dollars??? Too cool!!!

hose91

Definitely a huge thank you to Roy for the tip. Like Loren, I just added a digital subscription successfully. The price is definitely right, and the benefit of having direct access to all the archived issues is really fantastic!! Found a fish I took home from the auction on the cover of the May 2015 issue with a great article! (Girardinus Metallica, Black chinned livebearer).

Loren

I saw that fish go up for bidding but had no idea what it was. You are now the proud owner of a fish that originates from Cuba. And a beautiful one at that. Congrats.

hose91

Although it's highly recommended to do the research BEFORE you buy, sometimes the impulse buys turn out OK, :) They went into a 10G with some other nano fish, and they're doing beautifully so far. Pretty good day all around at the auction.

Bob

Although it's highly recommended to do the research BEFORE you buy, sometimes the impulse buys turn out OK,

Or just have a couple dozen tanks up and running at all times, a biotope for all occasions =)

Got my subscription too, excellent deal.

Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Loren and hose91,

Glad you made it to the auction! It is amazing what remarkable fish and plants our Northwest hobbyists grow, some of them are quite 'rare' in the hobby and certainly will not be found in our LFS (unless they purchased it from a GSAS member). Congrats on the black chinned livebearer hose91 I hope you have extras to being to a "auction" sometime.

Loren, it is amazing what great deals can be found on equipment at the auction, obviously you found a couple of them! Glad you joined the club, hopefully we will see you at a meeting soon. Our next meeting is one of my favorites, the GSAS Home Show where members' homes are visited, we video their tanks and interview members for some quick background. Typically about 10 members are included in the one hour video; is great way to pick up some tips on maintenance and aquascaping and learn about other members in the club.

Apparently the TFH 1 Year / $1 or 3 Year $2 digital edition deal is still going on this morning.