Tell me about you!

ziggyzoo

Totally random..... I would love to be able to put a face to the username. I tend to just picture someone in my head just by thier username.. I bet you look nothing like I would picture. Anyone wAnna participate? What's your user name, why did you pick that name ? Post a pic of what you look like! Tell me about yourself! Male or female? Age( if you feel comfortable), general area you live? What kinda of fish do you keep? How many tanks? What's your occupation? I would love to learn about you all! :) and put a face to a username. anyone down? (Only share what your comfortable with)

lloyd378

Administrator
Staff member
Contributing Member Level III
image.jpeg

My username: Lloyd3 because I share the name Lloyd with my dad and grandpa and 78... Birth year

Male
Frederickson ( basically puyallup/ spanaway)
Fish: Central American cichlids ( Umbee my favorite), Cory cats, plecos, bichirs, loaches ( kuhli and clown) betta, and 100s of Central American cichlid fry

Currently 7 tanks up and running / fully stocked and two tanks empty

We have two dogs , my son has a Guinea pig, and my wife has two classroom turtles

I'm a middle school teacher.... 13 years in FPSD next year junior high teacher in puyallup

ziggyzoo

I'm ashley, female, 27 from kenmore. Currently engaged to my lovely fiance ryan. Besides my fish tank with loaches, catfish, tetras, knife fish, ect ect. We have 3 cats, a crested gecko, 2 green anoles, and 3 frogs. I'm obsessed with animals of all types especially cats, my username ziggyzoo is because my favorite cats name is ziggy :) and I'm an othrodontic assistant (braces). :)

image.jpg

Loren

Great idea Ashley,

I'm Loren and my username is the same. I live in Mill Creek and am 57 years old. I have two adult children that live in Texas and one in high school here. I work for a medical company in Georgetown.

I started in this hobby when I was 11 with a ten gallon aquarium. Because of work I got out of the hobby for some 30 years. About 5 months ago I bought a nano tank that was on sale and the fish bug bit once again. I now have:

- Puffer nano tank
- Endler & Betta nano tank
- Fry raising nano tank
- Two 20 gallon long tanks housing Hasbrosus/shrimp
- 29 gallon pleco/shrimp tank
- 46 gallon bow front community tank
- 75 gallon empty tank.

Loren.jpg

BabyGirl77

Totally random..... I would love to be able to put a face to the username. I tend to just picture someone in my head just by thier username.. I bet you look nothing like I would picture. Anyone wAnna participate? What's your user name, why did you pick that name ? Post a pic of what you look like! Tell me about yourself! Male or female? Age( if you feel comfortable), general area you live? What kinda of fish do you keep? How many tanks? What's your occupation? I would love to learn about you all! :) and put a face to a username. anyone down? (Only share what your comfortable with)

My name is Marsha, and I am obviously a female. I am 38 years old. My username, BabyGirl77 has a story behind it. Here it is: I had a clown loach which I named Baby Girl. She was 8 years old and 7 inches. She got sick with three diseases and fought to stay alive. She had ich, fungus infection, and swim bladder disorder, and she was at the top of the tank almost gone. As I was upset and crying because I thought I was going to lose her, she held a leaf of a plastic plant with her front fin, and she proceeded to go from one end of the 55 gallon tank to the other and bite the top of a plastic plant. She made me laugh as she saw that I was upset. She survived the three diseases, she fought hard and I named her Baby Girl. My username is in memory of her, as she has passed away from either velvet disease or something else a few years ago. Right now I am not doing anything, but thinking about getting back into college and going for my Psychology degrees. I want to work with individuals with disabilities. I live in Bremerton, WA, good old Pacific Northwest. I have kept betta, clown loaches, goldfish, and bristlenose plecos. Right now I only have two tanks: 5.5 gallon and 55 gallon. 5.5 gallon is running with no fish in it, and 55 gallon tank is kinda torn down at the moment but I plan to get it up and running soon and get fish in it.

Renegade Aquatics

username: I honestly just picked it because it sounds cool and wanted something
My name is Spencer, I am 16 years old and male
I live just in between Arlington and Smokey Point
I have a bit of thing for bottom dwellers (catfish are my strong suit) and tetras, I also have been interested in wild bettas as of late (specifically the Unimaculata complex)
I have two tanks at the moment a 20 long and a 29 (not set up yet, I plan on saving for a stand)
though I plan on getting 2 40 breeders and another 29
I am about to be a Junior in high school and on the weekends I race go karts (when I have a free weekend I tend to be watching Formula 1 or mowing lawns)
I try to be active on here as much as I can, but I've been quite busy lately.

this is a picture of me with a big rainbow I caught out of Gissberg twin lakes

13340351_1730861747192661_1449010355_o.jpg

clownie

My name is Willie. I chose "clownie" because I love clownfish and used to breed them. 58 married and have a 14 year old daughter. I have since pared down my saltwater tanks and moving back into fresh. I currently have no fish but a planted 20 gallon high tech I just started. I also am setting up a small fish room. I currently have 2-30 gallons, 1-50 gallon, 3-10 gallons and 5-5 gallons. Not sure what directions i am going yet....taking it slow! I used to own a fish store in Seattle (aquatic Concepts) back in the 90's after that I did some breeding for African Northwest. Now I manage the dietary department for nursing home buildings.

me.jpg

Okay..thought i do an update on things! I now have a fully planted 60 gallon cube( an old reef tank conversion) The fish room now has 2-30's, 1-5, 3-10, 2-20, 2-55, I have angelfish(smokey blues and golds) roseline sharks, panda corys, duplcate corys, blue and gold rams, handful of baby discus, and L 129 plecos.

Last edited:

Loren

My name is Willie. I chose "clownie" because I love clownfish and used to breed them. 58 married and have a 14 year old daughter. I have since pared down my saltwater tanks and moving back into fresh. I currently have no fish but a planted 20 gallon high tech I just started. I also am setting up a small fish room. I currently have 2-30 gallons, 1-50 gallon, 3-10 gallons and 5-5 gallons. Not sure what directions i am going yet....taking it slow! I used to own a fish store in Seattle (aquatic Concepts) back in the 90's after that I did some breeding for African Northwest. Now I manage the dietary department for nursing home buildings.

View attachment 2742

1) Glad to see that there is somone on this forum older than me even it is only 1 year.
2) The only reason that I want a saltwater tank someday is to have clownfish because I love them as well.
3) I wouldn't call a fish room with 11 aquariums "small". ;)

clownie

1) Glad to see that there is somone on this forum older than me even it is only 1 year.
2) The only reason that I want a saltwater tank someday is to have clownfish because I love them as well.
3) I wouldn't call a fish room with 11 aquariums "small". ;)
It will be more the 11! There are people out there that have much larger! (Madness??)